Launching the courses, Ayesha Chen McKeever, Chairwoman, DIAC, said, “Dubai International Art Centre is a place where art meets education. In addition to tuition and support we offer learners freedom to explore their own artistic potential. The courses available this term have been carefully designed to inspire both beginners as well as those with advanced skills to develop themselves further.”
Few centres are associated with art as the DIAC. From its inception it has been one of the emirate’s most respected institutions having served the arts community in Dubai since 1976 providing space to learn, practice and display a wide repertoire of arts. Ayesha stressed, “From the very beginning our space has been open to all – artists, students and public. Learning is a very sociable affair at DIAC that people with a creative bent truly enjoy with a group of like-minded persons. Our studios are unlike any classroom where one can feed one’s artistic spirit while expressing one’s creativity”.
Below is the list of courses available this term at DIAC. The duration of most courses is 6 to 8 weeks.
1. Terracotta Jewellery-Timings: Saturdays 4-7pm 0r Tuesdays 9.30am-12.30pm
2. Silk Painting-Timings: Saturdays 4-7pm or Sundays 9.30am-12.30pm
3. Pottery-Timings: Saturdays 11.00am-1.00pm or Wednesdays 6.30-8.30pm
4. Knitting & Crochet- Timings: Tuesdays 9.30am-12.30pm
5. Photography for All-Timings: Tuesdays 7-9.30pm
6. Photo on Location-Timings: Saturdays 9.30am-12.00pm
7. How to Use a Digital Camera-Timings: Sundays 7-9.30pm
8. Mosaics-Timings: Sundays & Tuesdays 10am-1pm
9. Watercolor for Beginners-Timings: Sundays 9.30am-12.30pm or Thursdays 9.30am-12.30pm
10. Watercolor Intermediate Level-Timings: Mondays 9.30am-12.30pm, or Tuesdays 6.30-9.30pm or Thursdays 9.30am-12.30pm
11. Abstract & Stone Sculpture-Timings: Mondays 6.30-9.30pm
12. 3D Wall Art-Timings: Saturdays 4-7pm
13. FengShui-Timings: Saturdays 2.30-4.30pm, or Sundays 6.30-9.30pm or Thursdays 10.00am-12.00pm
14. Learning Photoshop: Saturdays 5-7pm or Sundays 5.30-7.30pm
15. Traditional Decoupage: Tuesdays 9.30am-12.30pm
16. Decoupage/One Stroke: Wednesdays 6-8pm
17. 3D Decoupage-Timings: Wednesdays 9.30-11.30am
18. Ceramic Flowers-Timings: Saturdays 4-7pm or Tuesdays 6.30-9.30pm
19. General Drawing & Painting-Timings: Every day morning or evening, please contact the office for more information
20. Kids classes available: Please call for more details
The Dubai International Art Centre is located in Villa 27, Street 75B, off Jumeirah Road, behind Town Center.
Monday, February 4- 2013 @ 15:37 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.