Commenting on the Judging panel Graham Flannery, Travelex Director of Business Development for the Middle East said: “We are indeed proud to announce the judging panel for the Travelex Ambassador Awards. To have a panel of such an incredibly high calibre is testament to the support for the industry here in Oman. Each one of the judges brings a wealth of experience and knowledge about the travel and tourism industry in Oman. On behalf of Travelex, I would like to thank them for their time and look forward to a very successful edition of the awards.”
• HH. Sayyid Faisal bin Turki Al Said, Director General of Marketing & Media, Public Authority for Investment Promotion & Export Development (PAIPED)
• Mohammed Alzadjali, Director General of Investor’s Services and Quality Management, Oman Ministry of Tourism
• Peter Davies, Regional Director, Travelex Middle East, India & Africa
• Rishi Khimji, Managing Director of Business Development, Ajit Khimji Group LLC
• Vic Allen, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Oman Airports Management Company SAOC
• Eng. Wael Al Lawati, Chief Executive Officer, Omran.
The new Tourism Ambassador Awards will reward individuals and businesses for outstanding achievements in the promotion of tourism in Oman – providing prizes for those who are often the “unsung” heroes of the Omani tourism industry and who have gone above and beyond in delivering first class service and tourism products.
The panel of judges preside over the judging process once all the entries have been received and sorted into their respective categories.
Individuals and companies are invited to nominate and demonstrate their achievements to win one of a ten awards at a glittering award ceremony to be held at the end of November.
Among the attributes that judges will be looking for when deciding on the winners of the “Tourism Ambassador” awards will be personal initiative to enhance visitor experiences, outstanding service, a winning smile and personality, delivering on promises and how the individual or company is able to promote Oman and their individual region.
With six stores in the Sultanate and almost a decade of experience operating in Muscat, Travelex allows individuals to exchange money with confidence at four outlets at Muscat International Airport or in the Seeb and Ghubrah areas of Muscat.
Wednesday, October 17- 2012 @ 14:04 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.