Abu Dhabi Airports reported that the total value of sales at Abu Dhabi Air Expo 2014, the region’s only general aviation exhibition, reached in excess of Dhs5bn, 35% higher than the sales generated at last year’s exhibition. The successful show, which ran from 25th to 27th February in its third year, also saw a 30 % increase in attendance, with 16,900 visitors and 175 exhibitors from local, regional and international companies participating.
The exhibition was held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Hazza Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Advisor, and Vice Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Council, and was opened by His Excellency Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, Chairman of Department of Transport Abu Dhabi and member of the Executive Council. The exhibition was also attended by H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, member of Abu Dhabi Executive Council, and H.E. Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development, and H.E. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and various other prominent figures from the UAE and the region.
Various sales in general aviation were made at the show which reached in excess of Dhs5bn, and included:
• 10 sales by Aeroprakt, the ultralight planes manufacturer
• Sale of 3 new SR22 Cirrus Aircraft with GCC specification
• More than 10 sales by AutoGyro, the German Gyro Copter announced
• Sale of 3 aircraft (P2010 and P2008) by Tecnam
In addition to the sales of aircraft and other related equipment, several other important commercial developments and announcements were made during the Air Expo which included:
• The Gulf Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) entered into an open skies agreement with Hungary.
• Falcon Aviation Services (FAS) officially opened its newly constructed 106,000 square foot authorized Embraer Service Centre, making it one of the largest Executive Maintenance & Repair Operations (MROs) in the Middle East.
• FAS also signed a letter of intent with Bombardier for the delivery of up to two C Series aircraft.
• Royal Jet, the Abu Dhabi-based international luxury flight services company, announced that the planning and development of its integrated base at Al Bateen Executive Airport is well underway with first phase completion targeted for Q4 2015.
• Abu Dhabi Aviation, the largest helicopter operator in the Middle East, entered into a strategic partnership with Agusta Westland for the supply of helicopter spare parts and maintenance services.
• Abu Dhabi Aviation also announced the delivery of the first AW139 simulator in the region, and the establishment of a specialized civilian helicopter training centre.
More than 1,250 students from various colleges and institutions in Abu Dhabi were also welcomed to the show, to find out what the aviation industry has to offer the next generation. This included an orientation of the industry provided by Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS), along with a tour of its state of the art training facilities.
H.E. Ali Majed Al Mansoori, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Airports, said: “Abu Dhabi Air Expo goes from strength to strength, with over 60% more visitors attending compared to the first exhibition two years ago. The show has thus rapidly established itself as the main industry event within the region in the global aviation calendar. We are delighted that so many exhibitors were able to showcase their products and services at such an iconic and high profile event.”
“Abu Dhabi Air Expo’s status as the region’s only dedicated private airport is consistent with our broader objective to become a leading global transportation hub. The excellent progress we are making at the Midfield Terminal Complex dovetails perfectly with the growth of Abu Dhabi Air Expo and gives us great confidence for the future,” added Al Mansoori.
Visitors to the show were able to enjoy the “Paper Planes” Art Exhibition by H.H. Al Yazia Bint Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan at the Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS) facility in Al Bateen Executive Airport. The series of art work displayed was from H.H.’s ‘Spontaneity Series’, with a focus on spontaneity and how aviation imparts a sense of freedom.
Visitors to the show were also treated to a daily air display performed by Al Fursan Aerobatic team and Emirates Sky Diving team along with a daring display by the famous Captain Zoltan Veres, owner of five ‘Guinness Book of World Records’ in aerobatic displays.
For more information, please contact:
Bell Pottinger Middle East
+971 55 636 0425
+971 2 504 3261
Monday, March 31- 2014 @ 10:10 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.