The new release includes new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, making Veeam the first vendor to support both new hypervisor platforms.
The new and powerful features further extend Veeam’s leadership position with its agentless solution specifically built for virtualization
which is powerful, easy-to-use and affordable.
- Veeam Explorer for Exchange: VM admins will be able to look inside Exchange backups to find and retrieve individual Exchange items, without an agent. Free capabilities include:
- Browsing Exchange databases directly from a compressed backup file and having the mailbox database searchable in less than two minutes.
- Searching for specific items across multiple Exchange mailbox databases and object types with advanced search capabilities.
- Exporting items to a PST file, to MSG files or sending them as an attachment.
- Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots: The new capability enables admins to quickly restore any or all of a VM directly from SAN snapshots, which can be taken throughout the day with very little impact on production systems. This enables short recovery point objectives (RPOs) for the most common recovery scenarios: users accidentally deleting data, scripts accidentally corrupting data and system updates gone wrong.
- Advanced Monitoring and Reporting: This new functionality integrates monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for Veeam Backup & Replication in a single console using the new Veeam ONE 6.5 which is part of Veeam Management Suite 6.5.
Ian Hasell, Associate Director at Qdos Computer Consultants Ltd. United Kingdom said, “I was so impressed by how simple it was to install Veeam Backup & Replication. Within minutes of downloading the software, my critical VMs were being backed up. The interface is solid. Highly recommended.”
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 and Veeam Management Suite 6.5 are being demoed this week at Gitex Technology Week in Dubai in APTEC booth #C4-1, Hall 4. General availability is scheduled for Q4 2012.
Attendees at Gitex Technology Week can also visit the APTEC booth (#C4-1, Hall 4) for a free USB drive for use with Veeam Backup Free Edition and VeeamZIP.
Monday, October 15- 2012 @ 11:40 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.