BBC World presenter Zeinab Badawi will moderate this discussion in Cairo, Egypt, which is part of the United Nations’ “2015 – where will we be” project, raising awareness and informed debate about its Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
• Dr. Alanoud Al Sharek: A leading Kuwaiti specialist in Arabic feminist literature and the Assistant Professor at the Arab Open University.
• Nadia Bakhurji: A trustee board member of the Arab International Women’s Forum and the first woman in Saudi history to attempt to run for public office.
• Dr. Amani Abuel Fadl: A published author and currently an English Literature Professor at Cairo University, Dr. Abuel Fadl is also a female activist and the former representative of the International League of Women and Children under the Al Azhar University (religious) and the United Nations for seven years.
• Dr. Hoda Badran: Head of the Alliance for Arab Women, a pan-Arab network of NGOs, Dr. Badran hosted the first ever legal awareness seminar for women, educating them about their rights.
• Abir Abuturkia: CEO of Eneramass Oil Service Co., her own private company.
• Sultana El-Jehan: Chairwoman of a Yemeni NGO.
Wednesday, April 20- 2005 @ 9:31 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.