New Zealand Minister of Trade joins Fonterra to celebrate its latest Investment in Saudi Arabia | New Zealand Minister of Trade joins Fonterra to celebrate its latest Investment in Saudi Arabia -
ein

New Zealand Minister of Trade joins Fonterra to celebrate its latest Investment in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia: Monday, April 26 - 2010 @ 14:38

At an official inauguration ceremony at the site, the Honourable Tim Groser, New Zealand Minister of Trade, said the “The GCC holds increasing importance for New Zealand, and our visit to the region aims to extend our existing trade relationships as well as investigate new opportunities for trade and investment in the region. The ceremony today represents yet another advance in expanding the reach of New Zealand products and expertise within this prosperous market.”

Amr Farghal, Managing Director of Fonterra Middle East, Africa (MEA) and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) said the official ceremony marked the beginning of the next stage for Fonterra’s business in Saudi Arabia.

“Saudi Arabia is the cornerstone of our business in the GCC. With full ownership of our investment here, we will be able to secure the future manufacturing requirements needed to meet growing demand for high quality, New Zealand dairy in the region.”

Worth around SR120m (NZD45m), this acquisition is a major step forward for Fonterra’s growth strategy in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the wider GCC region.

Fonterra previously owned a 49% stake in the SNZMP dairy manufacturing factory with former joint-venture partner Saudia Dairy and Foodstuff Company (SADAFCO), which owned the remaining 51% stake.

The ceremony held today was also attended by Mark Wilson, Fonterra’s Managing Director of Asia, Africa and Middle East, members of the New Zealand trade delegation, which includes up to 60 New Zealand companies looking at investment opportunities in the region, as well as local Government officials.

Today's Top Stories

Posted by

Monday, April 26- 2010 @ 14:38 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.

AME Info Services







Business DirectoryVIEW ALL

Search by name

Search by industry

Browse alphabetically





JobsVIEW ALL

Search for jobs

Latest Jobs