This annual event, which has been held across the United States and Europe for eight years, caters to global forecasting, planning, and supply chain practitioners and includes case studies from well-known companies such as Procter & Gamble (P&G), Saudi Aramco, Unilever, and Beiersdorf.
Participants can expect to hear seasoned practitioners discuss their lessons learned, including the following specifics:
• How to calculate safety stock levels with forecasts
• How to implement a Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process and why forecasting plays an integral role
• How to improve customer fill rates by determining which items to stock in inventory and how much
• How to collaborate and plan with suppliers to improve resource management and forecast accuracy
• How to create a forecasting process that creates an accurate baseline forecast
• How to create an effective forecasting function/team
Two senior forecasting persons at P&G will present the keynote: “S&OP in a Complex Global Environment. “Phil King is responsible for the Customer Service, Logistics, in P&G’s Arabian Peninsula & Pakistan area and Oana Dinu is the S&OP Process Owner at P&G’s Central Eastern Europe and Middle East and Africa (CEEMEA).”
Charles Novak will teach the one-day Statistical Forecasting Tutorial, which will offer attendees of all levels a comprehensive understanding of the wide range of quantitative forecasting methods and will show how to prepare statistical and accurate forecasts. “Charles is a seasoned professional who will combine his teachings with his own diverse experience,” says Anish Jain, Managing Director, IBF. “Attendees will be able to use what they have learned as soon as they return to their office.”
This event also will provide an opportunity for taking the Certified Professional Forecaster (CPF)(R) exams in IBF’s unique certification program, which validates and a forecaster’s experience, knowledge, and skill set. For those already holding the CPF or ACPF certification, attending this event will earn 10 valuable points towards re-certification.
Wednesday, August 22- 2007 @ 8:59 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.