Echoed in its objectives; Kahramaa operate commercially; comply with health, safety and environmental standards locally and internationally; and maximize the Qatari workforce to take this corporation forward to the future
An important Fleet Management System and AVLS has been implemented after deep study of a huge amount of paper works and wasted time everyday, where the system have assured and improved all daily work where Emergency dept. now rely on Ideal Solutions System 100%, which in terms proved that within a short period of time; Kahramaa have saved more than 60%-70% of its daily cost of paper works, Gas, calls and many other items that its related to the daily work of 24/7 at Water Emergency Department.
Kahramaa emergency Department. team defined the specifications, selection and implementation of a Fleet Track Solution and issues a scope of work which was depending on tracking the vehicles on an updated map to know the exact location of the pool vehicle.
Ideal Solutions defined a new scope of work after studying Kahramaa requirement, and came up with a new solution for Kahramaa which is based on .Net technology where ISC was pleased to provide Kahramaa with a comprehensive proposal for a fully functional Automatic Vehicle Location System (AVLS) and Fleet Management Solutions (FMS), whereby ISC did the most critical and complicated part to convert the DB of FMS from SQL to Oracle, where Kahramaa DB is based on Oracle.
ISC made a presentation describing its FMS to Kahramaa, and offered new services that can involve Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) to Kahramaa emergency work, and ISC was successful convincing Kahramaa to order MDT’s and use them for their FI only. The technology was based on MS .NET, where ISC made integration between the FMS and the special software made for Kahramaa which we called it (In-Vehicle Solution) in this system we used Windows Mobile CE and MS .NET technology.
Ideal Solutions made a conversion of Qatar Map Data for Kahramaa call centre coordinates systems from Qatar National Grid to WGS84 (GPS coordinates).
ISC proposes to supply the following system components for an Automatic Vehicle Location System for Fleet Management of Kahramaa. Its flexible platform that allow for unlimited future grows and scalability; where the following are some of the system features that Kahramaa have been provided with:
- The system enables management and other users to check on current and past location of vehicles, including location address and assignment information, which is (Real Time Management).
- The system consists on a suite of fleet managing tracking and reporting modules, all with different user access and rights. The system allows the definition of several access levels that then are assigned to individual users. The Fleet Management pages assist the user in managing the vehicles, vehicle types, vehicle status, drivers, user access, maintenance schedules, alarms and other relevant information. Both, the driver and vehicle status are user defined. The user can add new status definitions and map them to real system status. The user defined status is the one that appear on the screen.
- The system will keep history data for as long as defined by the administrator. The system also provides archiving capabilities and access to the archive is provided from the same tools used to access the real time data.
- The system allows the random and parameter based grouping of vehicles. The parameter based grouping is flexible and is based on values of vehicle properties such as fleet, sub-fleet, vehicle type, assignments that the vehicle is capable of performing and others permanent properties. The system is also capable of maintain dynamic list of vehicles (list based on dynamic parameters such as location, alarms, status, etc).
- The vehicles displayed on a map indicating name, time, status, alarms, speed, heading and other properties in a user defined way.
- The system allows the call centre to call the GPS device inside the PF vehicle, where the PF call receive a call through the vehicle speakers and talk through a hidden mic.
- The FI can view all incidents lists that the dispatcher sent him, he can view also the complains description, name of compliant, address, location on map, telephone number and name, so he can move to the incident directly.
- The FI can report by sending messages through the MDT to the dispatcher informing him about the incident status and the need. FI can also recommend sending taker of water to the location of incident by sending the incident number to the dispatcher.
- PF vehicle provided with bi-directional communication method using GPRS, where the dispatcher can call the PF on his device inside the vehicle for any urgent cases.
- The manager can issue a daily, weekly and monthly report in addition to calculating the response and repair time for each incident, where Kahramaa can know how much time does each incident take.
- Reports utilities and capabilities are provided. The reports are based on the data collected by the system and include:
· Name, Number, Driver’s name
· Location (Block address)
· Location (latitude and longitude)
· Assignment time and duration
· And any other parameter requested by the user.
The system itself has many other features like all times are specified in hours, minutes and seconds, Track vehicle mileage, Service manager: allow the tracking and planning of mechanical services of vehicles, Landmark creation and naming, Alarms and alarm’s notifications are provided on the screen and through emails, The system provides different types of alarms: speed, location, zone, status, and any other dynamic property, ISC offers same day service for system operation failures and next day service for defective equipment and will perform the initial equipment installation.
Ahmad Bourini, the Account Manager at Ideal Solutions, says:
“Kahramaa intends to become the only preferred supplier of Water and Electricity in Qatar, products and such ambition requires a proven and robust software architecture able to absorb growth and add both financial and operational value to the business at every stage. Our Fleet Management System and AVLS provides exactly the proven combination of power, flexibility and return on investment that Kahramaa is looking for.”
Monday, September 28- 2009 @ 15:48 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.