ein

World class hospital worth $200m on schedule to open in Al Barsha 2009

United Arab Emirates: Tuesday, May 20 - 2008 @ 12:02

The Saudi German Hospital – Dubai, a project undertaken by the Emirates Healthcare Development Company, is the result of a strategic joint venture between the Islamic Finance Company, that hold a 49% ownership stake and the Saudi Bait Al Batterjee Holding that hold the remaining 51% ownership stake.

Given the recent completion of the Saudi German Hospital’s infrastructure, the Emirates Healthcare Development Company is now in the process of procuring state-of-the-art medical equipment and supplies, at a cost of $40m, to prepare for the official opening of the hospital.

Chairman of Islamic Finance Company, Abdullah Saeed Musallam Al Qubaisi, said:

“The Islamic Finance Company is extremely pleased with the Hospital’s progress so far. It is an honor for us to be a part of this world class project in partnership with Bait Al Batterjee Holding, under whom the Saudi German Hospital Group operates. As the largest private healthcare company in the MENA region, the Saudi German Hospital Group has a wealth of industry related experience in design, construction and operations. The $200m Hospital, is built to meet the highest of international standards, and will play a fundamental role in meeting the needs of patients across the region, placing it amongst the top health care facilities in Dubai.”

The Saudi German Hospital is being constructed on 90,000 square meters in Al Barsha. It will open in 2009 and will provide approximately 1500 employment opportunities. Sub-specialty departments inside the General Hospital will include; pediatrics, spinal cord surgery, open-heart surgery, a woman’s hospital, ophthalmology and an internal medicine department. The hospital aims to provide the best medical services in the U.A.E.

Today's Top Stories

Posted by

Tuesday, May 20- 2008 @ 12:02 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.

AME Info Services







Business DirectoryVIEW ALL

Search by name

Search by industry

Browse alphabetically






JobsVIEW ALL

Search for jobs

Latest Jobs