ein

JCDecaux wins exclusive 10-year advertising contract for Dubai International Airport

United Arab Emirates: Thursday, October 30 - 2008 @ 15:55

JCDecaux Dicon is 75% owned by JCDecaux, while its Emarati partner Dicon holds the remaining 25% stake.

Dubai International will have an annual capacity of 75 million passengers following the completion of its ongoing expansion project. Two components of the expansion project, Terminal 3 and an airside facility, are now open, while a second A380-dedicated facility is under construction. Dubai International is expected to welcome more than 40 million passengers in 2008.

Airports worldwide accounted for 4.6 billion passengers in 2007, representing a 5.65% growth versus 2006, while passenger traffic in the Middle East rose by more than 15% during the same period. This performance puts the industry on track for the predicted doubling of global air traffic by 2020.

In 2007, Dubai International registered 19% growth in passenger throughput, which totalled 34.3 million. This figure is expected to reach 60 million by 2012.

In April 2008, Dubai International ranked 20th among city airports worldwide and number 10 among JCDecaux city airport concessions. JCDecaux is the advertising concessionaire for 145 airports worldwide, including 7 of the top 10: London, New York, Paris, Los Angeles, Dallas, Frankfurt and Beijing, as well as fast-growing airports such as Shanghai and Bangalore.

Paul Griffiths, CEO of Dubai Airports, said:

“As the world’s emerging aviation and logistics hub, Dubai Airports is keen to provide the best possible services and facilities to its customers. I am sure JCDecaux Dicon, as part of a world-renowned airport advertising company, will help us achieve our objective by raising the bar on the quality and technology in advertising. We foresee a long and mutually beneficial association with JCDecaux Dicon.”

Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux, said:

“We are delighted to be awarded this contract by Dubai Airports. This is a key contract in the development strategy run by JCDecaux in recent years in the Middle East as it positions JCDecaux in the largest and most visible airport in the region. This will be the showcase to become the leading outdoor advertising company in the Middle East. We will install innovative products with a strong digital and interactive component that will make Dubai International a benchmark for the industry. This new contract underlines JCDecaux’s important growth potential to develop its activities in new markets and to strengthen its number-one position worldwide in airport advertising.”

Today's Top Stories

Posted by

Thursday, October 30- 2008 @ 15:55 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.

AME Info Services







Business DirectoryVIEW ALL

Search by name

Search by industry

Browse alphabetically






JobsVIEW ALL

Search for jobs

Latest Jobs