Kidville an early childhood development facility has undertaken to host this community caring initiative by organizing these workshops. The workshops will be conducted in a fun, interactive and activity based manner wherein parents and care givers will be given live demonstrations plus mini quizzes and a Q&A session will be part of the workshop, to ensure attendees leave informed and prepared to handle food safely.
The workshop schedule is:
• Kidville JBR on 19th November from 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
• Kidville Motorcity on 26th November from 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
• Kidville Mirdiff on 3rd December from 11:00 – 12:30 p.m
It is very important to understand that germs such as E. coli, campylobacter and salmonella enter the kitchen through our hands, raw foods and through our pets. If we’re not careful enough, they can rapidly spread through various food contact surfaces and materials used in the kitchen such as cutlery, food processor, grinder, etc. Dubai Municipality and other International food safety organizations have recommended basic food safety measures to keep away the risks of improper food handling at home.
The workshops will reinforce these consumer food safety measures and increase awareness about
• How to pack and store food safely in fridge, e.g one needs to separate the leftovers before storing them, similarly food should be refrigerated only when steaming stops. Do not overcrowd the fridge and leave space between containers for cool air to circulate.
• Role of packaging: Right packaging minimizes food wastage and protects food from contamination. It also regulates water or moisture content in the food keeping it fresh
• how important is it to read the labels on food packaging and ensure it clearly indicates the product instructions and usage symbols
Kidville members and non-members can guarantee their participation by registering at any Kidville location.
Thursday, November 17- 2011 @ 11:38 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.