Tutors from both colleges will be flying into Dubai to teach the 14 LCF and seven CCAD courses, which will appeal to a mix of interior design and fashion enthusiasts and professionals.
This is the first time that CCAD will be offering its short courses in the Middle East and, along with LCF, it hopes to help boost the level of interior design and fashion education in the region.
“With so much development going on in the Middle East the interiors sector has grown alongside it. According to a report by Ventures Middle East the UAE alone has completed interiors projects worth $722m in the first five months of 2011. These figures show how important the interiors industry has become in the region so we want to provide a programme of courses that would complement this growth and provide an international level of education for those who are interested in the industry,” said Alanah Cullen, Business Manager, Chelsea College of Art & Design.
LCF has already held three successful Dubai Short Course programmes in the UAE since 2010, responding to increased demand and feedback of students from across the region.
“We have refined and evolved our offering so that we cover a plethora of relevant and current topics within the fashion industry, responding to increased demand and feedback of students from across the region. This time we are offering ‘level 2’ courses in fashion design and styling and introducing new topics such as perfume appreciation and creative branding. Interest for the courses comes from a wide demographic range with a balance of expatriates, locals and corporations signing up for courses to help boost personal and professional development. This is exactly why we decided to bring the courses to the Middle East as we want to give an exceptional level of education to those who are interested in the world of fashion,” commented Linda Roberts, Senior Business Manager, London College of Fashion.
High profile tutors for LCF include designer Richard Sorger, whose collection is worn by stars like Jennifer Lopez, Heidi Klum, Cindy Crawford and Kate Beckinsale, and international bestselling author of ‘How to Set up & Run a Fashion Label,’ Toby Meadows.
The 14 LCF courses and consultancy sessions on offer for the October 2011 programme cover the full spectrum of fashion education:
- Fashion buying & merchandising 1 (3 days)
- Fashion buying & merchandising 2 (4 evenings)
- Principles of fashion styling 1 (5 days)
- Principles of fashion styling 2 (4 days)
- 5 steps to successful style (1 day)
- Creative branding (4 days)
- Fashion design 1 (4 days)
- Fashion design 2 (4 days)
- Fibres & fabrics (2 days)
- Starting your own fashion label (5 evenings)
- Perfume: understanding fragrance (4 days)
- Your perfume wardrobe (1 day)
- Marketing & branding consultancy (90 mins)
- Business start-up consultancy (90 mins)
Tutors from CCAD include Lyndall Fernie who has run her own successful interior design company, consulted and designed many high end residential projects and specialises in remodeling exiting projects, Sue McGregor an interior designer for leading consultant Interior Statements Ltd. that specialises in projects for hotels, residential developments, private and commercial properties and Debbie Blandford who holds a Masters Degree in Furniture Design and has worked across numerous multi-sector interiors projects for clients including the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The seven courses being offered by CCAD are:
- The Principles of Interior Design (5 days)
- Decorating your Villa or Apartment (3 days)
- Create a Colour Scheme for your Home (2 days)
- Designing Bespoke fitted Furniture (4 evenings)
- Lighting Design for interiors (2 days)
- Kitchen and Bathroom Design (3 days)
- Perspective Drawing for Interior Design (2 evenings)
CCAD is offering a 10% discounted rate for students up to the 23rd September and LCF is also offering a discounted rate up to the 16th September.
Monday, September 5- 2011 @ 9:07 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.