Ford Middle East and Almana Motors, the local Ford and Lincoln importer-dealer, launched the all-new 2014 Ford Fusion, bringing to Qatar one of the hottest contenders in the mid-size segment. The all-new Fusion promises to redefine expectations from vehicles in its category with an unprecedented suite of driver assist technologies, a dynamic and expressive design, top fuel economy and an engaging driving experience.
Featuring a sleek silhouette and fresh face, the all-new Fusion is the latest in a series of vehicles from Ford developed to satisfy customers everywhere who want helpful technologies, game-changing looks and leading fuel efficiency.
“The new Fusion truly embodies what One Ford stands for,” said Paul Anderson, Marketing director of Ford Middle East. “Our global teams were challenged to develop a midsize car with a jaw-dropping design and groundbreaking fuel economy – one that featured technologies to help make our customers safer and better drivers. This car is the result, and we are excited to have it here at Ford dealerships across the region, including Qatar.
“Ford Fusion is a game-changer on all fronts thanks to its rich array of unexpected features and segment-first or even segment-exclusive technologies that truly make it stand out from the rest,” Anderson added. “We are confident it will witness the same level of response here as it does globally.”
Bill Hechme, general manager of Almana Motors, said: “With the launch of the all-new Fusion, the Ford range in Qatar now features award-winning products across the board. This is a great car, true to the new generation of Ford vehicles, featuring outstanding quality and craftsmanship, class leading safety, unmatched technologies and fuel economy and above all, tremendous value. All you need is to experience the outstanding drive of the new Fusion, to realize how far ahead it is in the game, making it one of the most compelling offers on the market today.”
In Qatar, the all-new 2014 Ford Fusion is available in the S and SE series, and comes with a 5-year/100,000kms manufacturer’s warranty, as well as a comprehensive 3-year/60,000kms free service and maintenance package which give outstanding peace of mind and allowing its owner to just gas and go.
Fusion looks out for you
The all-new Fusion offers an unprecedented portfolio of driver assistance and convenience technologies based on sensors, cameras and radar that enable the car to see and respond.
Fusion can help drivers maintain proper lane position, adjust vehicle speed to changing traffic conditions, identify suitable parking spaces and help park, even aiding drivers backing out of parking space where visibility is obstructed. Specific technologies include:
• Lane Keeping System: This class-exclusive technology consists of three elements to help a driver maintain proper lane position. Using a small, forward-facing camera behind the inside rearview mirror, the system “looks” down the road, monitoring lane lines to determine that the car is on course. The system will alert a driver if drowsiness or erratic lane-keeping is detected. The second element warns a driver with a steering wheel vibration if the Fusion drifts too close to lane markings. Finally, lane keeping aid will actually apply pressure on the steering to help bring the car back into proper lane position
• Adaptive cruise control: Using forward-looking radar, this system “looks” down the road when activated, slowing the Fusion when slower traffic is detected ahead. Adaptive cruise control enables collision warning with brake support to help slow the car if the potential of a crash is detected
• Active park assist: Employing sensors, this technology can identify a suitable parallel parking space, calculate the trajectory and steer the car to properly position it within the spot. All a driver needs to do is to operate the accelerator and brake pedals
• Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with cross-traffic alert: Sensors in both Fusion rear quarter-panels are able to detect traffic in a driver’s blind spot, providing both audible and visual warnings if traffic – unseen by the driver – is detected. BLIS technology enables cross-traffic alert, warning the driver of oncoming traffic when backing out of a parking space with obstructed views, such as between two large vans
The power of voice
The all-new Fusion offers the latest iteration of Ford’s award-winning, industry-exclusive SYNC® communications and entertainment system, which enables voice-activated communication through a driver’s mobile phone and interaction with the car’s audio system.
Fusion also offers the latest version of MyFord Touch® – powered by SYNC – allowing a driver to interact with vehicle systems through voice control, a touch screen tap or a conventional button.
Both SYNC and MyFord Touch help reduce the potential for driver distraction through voice-controlled functionality, allowing drivers to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Different, by design
According to Ford, the design goal for the new Fusion was to give the mainstream sedan buyer a top-drawer visual experience, adding some emotional appeal to an already sensible choice.
These five elements provided direction for the design team behind the all-new Fusion:
• Silhouette innovation: Fusion’s sleek profile sets it apart from the powertrain/cabin/trunk “three-box” designs synonymous with midsize sedans
• Perceived efficiency: Fusion character lines sweeping to the rear and thin roof pillars suggest the car is nimble and light on its feet
• Refined surface language: Fusion demonstrates that a tasteful, well-executed design does not require add-ons or visual clutter
• Technical graphics: Fusion’s functional design elements such as headlamps, LED taillamps and polished exhaust tips communicate enhanced technological capability
• New face: Fusion signals the next evolution in Ford global design language for midsize cars and smaller
Inside, the new Fusion offers a sporty, driver-oriented environment with next-generation seating that brings expanded functionality. A higher center console supports the driver-centric theme and yields clever storage for items a driver wants to keep handy.
Additional passenger space was designed-in by moving the instrument panel toward the windshield, contributing to the cabin’s airy, open environment. Thinner, lighter frames support the comfortable next-generation seats trimmed with fabric using recycled sustainable yarns.
Craftsmanship plus dynamics equals feel
Fusion design delivers on the promise of high visual quality, with improved materials, elevated levels of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Interior surfaces are softer to the touch and interior and exterior gaps are minimized, while extra care has been taken to upholster or cover each edge and every surface a customer can touch. When the trunk lid is opened, for example, a spring-loaded cover automatically conceals the trunk latch hardware.
Key contributors to how the Fusion feels are the ride and handling components that maximize vehicle dynamics.
“This really is a driver’s car,” said Anderson. “Fusion is even more fun to drive with specially tuned electric power-assisted steering (EPAS), a MacPherson strut front suspension and an all-new premium-level multilink rear suspension – comparable to premium European brands configurations.”
Careful tuning by Ford’s vehicle handling and ride team has yielded a Fusion with a dynamic character that will please a well-seasoned enthusiast while increasing the confidence level of less-experienced drivers.
Fusion interior quietness reaches a new level with acoustic underbody shields and weight-saving sound-absorption material; both minimize road and powertrain noise while boosting aerodynamic efficiency to help save fuel. The all-new model adds content such as a full-perimeter hood seal to be among the midsize sedan segment leaders in giving drivers a quiet ride.
Strength and safety
Fusion is designed with customer safety in mind. Engineers increased its body strength by 10 percent, using more high-strength steels such as boron, and added dual first-row knee airbags and adaptive front airbags that vent and tether to conform to a specific occupant’s size, position and seatbelt usage.
The Fusion safety team targeted top-of-the-line ratings in each public domain safety benchmark, including National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ratings, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick and top ratings in world markets where the car will be sold.
The most prominent example is Fusion’s front-end architecture, as the same car must face simultaneous – and seemingly conflictive – standards across regions. The car’s front end is equipped to meet head-on and offset barrier standards for North America while still conforming to European standards for pedestrian protection – thanks to hours of computer modeling and 180 validating crash tests.
The Ford product development team also found a way to honor Fusion innovative design while lowering the cost that results from low-speed rear-impact repairs.
An integration panel is mounted to the rear face of the Fusion decklid. In the event of a low-speed impact, this panel is designed to absorb the brunt of low-speed damage that might occur in an urban parking situation.
Helping to keep passengers safe
Safety experts acknowledge that the back seat is the safest place for children and Ford is committed to keeping all vehicle occupants safe. The optional inflatable rear seat belts that Ford debuted on the 2011 Ford Explorer are now available on Fusion for the first time. In the event of a collision the rear belts inflate, distributing the load over a larger area and reducing the risk of abdominal, chest and shoulder injuries for rear passengers.
The new Fusion is expected to deliver best-in-class fuel economy on both the 2.5L I-4 and 2L I-4 EcoBoost® (late availability) engines, following through with the commitment by Ford to be the fuel-efficiency leader – or among the leaders – with each new model brought to market. Both engines are paired with an automatic six-speed transmission.
Fusion is available in the Middle East with a front-wheel drive application.
Ford Middle East Public Affairs
Sunday, February 23- 2014 @ 10:02 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.