Arcapita sells US medical device firm for $450m | Arcapita sells US medical device firm for $450m -
arcapita

Arcapita sells US medical device firm for $450m

: Wednesday, July 02 - 2014 @ 02:15

Bahrain-based investment management firm, Arcapita has said its Arcapita Ventures I fund has completed the sale of portfolio company, CardioMEMS, to St Jude Medical, a global medical device company headquartered in Minnesota, USA, Gulf Daily News has reported. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, CardioMEMS is a leading medical device company that develops implantable wireless sensors, which gather and transmit pressure information from inside the human body. St Jude Medical had previously invested $60m for a 19% shareholding of CardioMEMS and has now exercised its exclusive option to purchase the remaining 81% of the company, in a transaction valued in excess of $450m.

Today's Top Stories

Posted by

Wednesday, July 2- 2014 @ 2:15 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.

AME Info Services







Business DirectoryVIEW ALL

Search by name

Search by industry

Browse alphabetically





JobsVIEW ALL

Search for jobs

Latest Jobs