HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation, hosted Ramadan’s second lecture at Kingdom Resort in Riyadh on Monday 14th July 2014.The main highlight of the event was a lecture presented by Dr. Ibrahim Al-khulaifi, under the title: “Awareness & Knowledge.”
The lecture was attended by Ambassadors to Saudi Arabia and local media, editors in chiefs, scholars, intellectuals and members of KHC, Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation and Prince Alwaleed’s Private office. During the lecture discussions and debates were moderated by Abdullah Almudaifer.
The annual Ramadan event is in line with Prince Alwaleed’s vision to promote moderate Islam and a culture of dialogue. In 2006, His Highness established the religious channel “Al-Resalah” aiming to deliver the true meaning of Islam, support for human values and to gather the Arab family to watch the channels educational and diverse programs.
HRH has contributed to many cultural, educational and philanthropic projects globally to bridge the gap between East and West that include:
1. A $20 million donation to Harvard University to create the University-wide Islamic Studies Program in 2005
2. A $20 million donation to Georgetown University to create the Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding in 2005
3. A $20 million donation to the Louvre in support of its collection of Islamic art
4. In 2004 Prince Alwaleed also made a $5 million donation to establish the Center for American Studies and Research (CASAR) at the American University in Beirut (AUB)
5. A $10 million to finance both the construction of the Humanities and Social Sciences (HUSS) building in the new campus of the American University in Cairo (AUC) in 2003
6. The Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter, UK, received a €1 million endowment from the Prince in 2003
7. In 2008, Alwaleed Foundation made an £8 million endowment to fund the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Centre of Islamic Studies at Cambridge University
8. A second centre based at the University of Edinburgh also received an £8 million endowment from the Alwaleed Foundation in 2008.
Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation hosts a series of annual Forums for the Directors of Alwaleed Bin Talal University Centers, for Interfaith Dialogue between Islam and the West supported by Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation. Prince Alwaleed’s relationship with the West goes beyond doing business to building bridges of understanding and dialogue between East and West, which is most visible through the work of the Foundation.
Thursday, July 17- 2014 @ 10:40 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.