These products are the first in a line of Wireless-N products available from Linksys built to the 802.11n Draft Specification.
Wireless-N’s MIMO (Multiple In, Multiple Out) technology is designed to multiply the effective data rate by using signal reflections to increase the range and reduce “dead spots” in the wireless coverage area. The signal thus can travel further, based on a standard aimed to help maintain wireless connections up to 4 times further than standard Wireless-G*.
Linksys Wireless-N products utilise multiple radios to simultaneously transmit two streams of data over multiple channels. Using multiple spatial streams allows each 20 MHz channel to contain more than one stream of data, greatly increasing its capacity. The 802.11n draft specification also allows Linksys Wireless-N products to transmit over two available channels at the same time, effectively creating a 40MHz channel, doubling the capacity for media-centric applications such as video streaming, gaming and Voice over IP telephony
Mohammad Hoda, Regional Manager for the Middle East and North Africa, says,
“The already strong interest and demand for Linksys Draft-N products shows that customers are quickly migrating to our solutions, capable of providing them maximum coverage to drive their expanding digital lifestyles, which now include streaming high-definition video, high-fidelity music, mobility, surveillance, messaging and high speed data. The benefits of using Draft-N as the foundation of an entertainment grade network are now evident and people want them now.”
The Wireless-N Broadband Router (WRT300N), an Internet-sharing Wireless-N (draft 802.11n) router with MIMO smart antenna technology (providing longer range and much improved speeds), is three devices in one box, offering numerous advantages:
- An Internet-sharing Router and 4-port Switch with a built-in speed and range-enhanced Wireless Access Point + Router function (which allows the whole network to share a high-speed cable or DSL connection)
- MIMO technology uses multiple radios to create a robust signal, which travels up to 4 times* further and reduces dead spots
- Up to 12 times faster than Wireless-G*, compatible with Wireless-G and –B devices
- Wireless signals are protected by WPA2 encryption. The network is protected from Internet attacks by means of a powerful SPI firewall
The Wireless-N Notebook Adapter (WPC300N) is an easy way to add or upgrade wireless connectivity in your notebook computer. Just slide it into your notebook’s PC card slot to enjoy high-speed wireless network access, when mobile. Once connected, users can keep in touch by email and share files and other resources such as printers and network storage with other computers on the network. The included Setup Wizard will walk you through configuration step by step.
The Wireless-N PCI Adapter (WMP300N) installs in most desktop and tower PCs and allows the user to put a computer almost anywhere in the building without the cost or hassle of running network cables. The PCI adapter supports up to 128-bit WEP and PSK encryption security.
The same features and advantages apply to both the WPC300N and the WMP300N:
- Increase the range up to 4 times and speed up to 12 times, over normal Wireless-G (802.11g) range
- Performance Investment Protection: Compatible with Wireless-B (802.11b) and Wireless-G (802.11g) standards
-Easy to Setup Wizard
- 32-bit CardBus or 32-bit PCI Interface (as applicable)
- Plug and play operation provides easy set up
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP
Tuesday, June 27- 2006 @ 15:55 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.