GCAA launched on 21st July 2014 the GCAA smart mobile service application (SAMAE) in a special ceremony held in GCAA Auditorium in Dubai, attended by H.E Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri, Minister of Economy and Chairman on GCAA, and H.E Saif Al Suwaidi, Director General of GCAA.
The launching of Samae comes after transforming 184 services to electronic and providing them through web channel, now GCAA has further enhanced it service delivery channel by transforming their services on different mobile platform (android, apple, blackberry, Microsoft) keeping in mind the federal m-government guidelines. Around 41 mobile services are published on current version of SAMAE which includes services related to following departments licensing, security, ANA, Policy Regulation Planning and Customer service.
The newly launched GCAA SAMAE mobile application will provide fast and smart services to its Aviation stakeholders in order to further simplify the service procedure by providing services anywhere and anytime and allow customers to take full advantage of the modern mobile technology yet maintaining the required standard of safety and security. Some of the smart features which facilitate fast service delivery procedure are:
- Application Status Inquiry by sending SMS and through SAMAE to track their application while on the customer are on the move or out of office.
- Ability to function offline. Services Information Catalogue on Samae can be accessed offline to be informed about services requirements before applying.
- Route Map with Compass to easily and quickly reach GCAA Office Directions by measuring the distance and optimum time to travel for the office. Once in GCAA a welcome message pops up.
- Download and read e-publications (Civil Aviation Regulations, Notices, Information Bulletins etc) offline.
- Read up-to date and latest news/events
- Offline Compatibility for situation where internet is not available and later can be synchronized once internet is available.
The user will be able to download the application from apple, blackberry and android app stores. Existing customers can sign-in using their web credential whereas new customer can register on the GCAA website or SAMAE to obtain credentials to available the m-services, whereas some informational services can be accessible without the need of signing-in.
Monday, July 21- 2014 @ 14:39 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.