The all-new, 2015 GMC Yukon models are equipped with new standard and available driver-alert technologies that add to crash-avoidance protection, as well as enhanced occupant protection in the event a crash occurs. They include the segment’s only front-seat center air bag, which is designed to provide additional protection for drivers and passengers in far-side impact crashes.
Active safety features use camera, radar and ultrasonic sensors to provide alerts and intervene when necessary to help avoid crashes.
The all-new Yukon models are equipped with standard and available technologies that serve as an extra set of eyes and ears to the driver, including:
• Side Blind Zone Alert – Uses short-range radar sensors in the rear quarter panels to “look” for other vehicles the driver may not be able to see.
• Lane Change Alert – Uses the Side Blind Zone sensors to warn drivers of fast-approaching vehicles in the adjacent lane, not just in the blind zone.
• Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Uses the Side Blind Zone sensors to warn drivers of approaching cross traffic while backing up.
• Forward Collision Alert – A camera mounted behind the inside rearview mirror detects when a driver is at risk of hitting the vehicle ahead.
• Lane Departure Warning – A camera mounted behind the inside rearview mirror detects when the driver drifts into an adjacent lane without signaling.
• Adaptive Cruise Control – Long-range radar detects a vehicle ahead and automatically adjusts the vehicle’s speed to maintain a pre-selected distance.
• Crash Imminent Braking – If an imminent crash is detected, the brakes will automatically apply to reduce as much vehicle speed as possible to lessen the effects of the collision.
• Safety Alert Seat – Pulses the left, right or both seat cushion bolsters to alert the driver of a dangerous situation.
In addition to driver alert features, standard chassis control crash-avoidance technologies include GM’s StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover mitigation technology, trailer sway control, hill-start assist and four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock brakes. An available trailer brake controller conveniently monitors trailer brakes.
The all-new 2015 Yukon models provide two new, standard features for securing occupants in place during a crash: New lap belt pretensioners in the front-seat outboard safety belts, and a segment-exclusive front-seat center air bag.
Similar to shoulder belt pretensioners, the lap belt pretensioner removes slack in the lap belt to help keep occupants properly positioned a collision. The safety belt buckle is also designed to lock during a crash and not allow webbing to slip through the shoulder or lap belt. This helps balance the restraint systems in both frontal and rollover collisions.
The new front center air bag, located on the right side of the driver’s seat, is designed to inflate between the driver and front-seat passenger for added protection in far-side impact crashes when the affected occupant is on the non-struck side of the vehicle.
The all-new 2015 Yukon is available in showrooms across the Middle East. Its starting MSRP price in the UAE is AED175,000 for the 2WD and AED186,000 for the 4WD.
Built on the philosophy of ‘Commands Respect’, GMC has built pickups since 1902. With a rich heritage in the Middle East and an impressive 111 years of presence, innovation and engineering excellence is built into all GMC vehicles. The brand is evolving to offer more fuel-efficient pickups, crossovers and SUVs.
The GMC portfolio in the Middle East features Terrain small SUV and Acadia crossover. The 2014 Sierra half-ton pickup boasts all-new powertrains and design and is the most capable and powerful trucks ever built by GMC. Every GMC model, including Yukon and Yukon XL full-size SUVs, is now available in Denali luxury trim. GMC also offers customers a high-level aftersales service experience.
Mohammed Al Fayyad
Regional Communications Manager
Tel (+9714) 314 3410
Tuesday, July 22- 2014 @ 12:28 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.