The Canon EOS 1000D was named European Consumer Camera 2008-2009; the Canon SELPHY ES2 took the plaudits for European Mini Photo Printer 2008-2009, while the Canon HV30 was voted European HD Camcorder 2008-2009.
The trio of awards underlines Canon’s success in pushing imaging technology forward.
“Canon is delighted to be honoured by the EISA judges once again,” said Hendrik Verbrugghe, Marketing Manager, Canon Middle East.
“It’s particularly satisfying to have gained this recognition over such a broad range of product groups – reflecting Canon’s continuing commitment to driving imaging excellence across the board.”
The EOS 1000D was introduced to make Canon’s unique EOS technologies available to a wider audience, offering the perfect entry-point to D-SLR shooting. Despite boasting the lightest body in the range, the 10 Megapixel EOS 1000D still includes Canon’s DIGIC III image processor, a 2.5” LCD with Live View mode and, of course, the exceptional image quality traditionally associated with EOS.
- 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- 7-point wide-area AF system
- Up to 3 frames per second
- DIGIC III image processor
- 2.5” LCD with Live View shooting
- EOS Integrated Cleaning system
The ultra-portable SELPHY ES2 gives photography fans the creative freedom to enjoy their snaps quickly and easily. Built for tight spaces, the versatile ES2 doesn’t cut corners on features and includes a 3” LCD viewer and memory card slots for PC-less printing, and an easy-to-load integrated ink and media cassette.
- Compact, vertical design with handle
- Integrated ink and media cassette
- 3” LCD viewer
- Wireless printing via IrDA
- Automatic image optimisation
- 100-year prints
The follow-up to last year’s hugely successful HD camcorder, the HV20, Canon’s HV30 takes over where its predecessor left off. Offering superb HDV1080i moviemaking, the sleek HV30 retains a Full HD CMOS sensor and Canon HD Video Lens, and adds a Multiangle Vivid LCD alongside a variety of refinements designed to enhance ease-of-use.
- HDV1080i movies
- Canon Full HD CMOS sensor
- Canon HD Video Lens with 10x optical zoom
- Super Range Optical Image Stabilizer
- HD-optimised DIGIC DV II processor
- High-performance Instant AF
Wednesday, August 20- 2008 @ 13:42 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.