The event is open to all CFA charterholders and investment professionals from across the Middle East region and will be held at the Emirates Towers hotel on the 20th and 21st March 2013.
Speaking ahead of the conference, Mr. Nitin Mehta, CFA, Managing Director, EMEA, CFA Institute, said: “We are delighted to be returning to the UAE for a second time with an outstanding conference programme featuring some of the industry’s most distinguished speakers and companies. The CFA Institute MEIC has become an important landmark event for investment professionals in the region and a forum to hear from some of the leading thinkers in our business. I would therefore encourage all serious investment professionals to attend.”
Ahead of the conference, CFA Institute will also publish the findings of its annual Global Market Sentiment Survey based on the feedback of nearly 6800 charterholders from around the world. In addition, CFA Institute will also unveil the findings of a separate Middle East Survey which gauges the thoughts and opinions of almost 200 regionally-based investment professionals, highlighting a broad range of economic, investment and employment trends currently facing investment markets in the Middle East. Responses were drawn from across the GCC as well as Lebanon and the broader MENA region.
The MEIC will include a comprehensive line-up of speakers from some of the world’s top financial organisations and educational institutions including:
· H.E. Abdullah Salem Al-Turifi, CEO at the United Arab Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority
· Tamer Bazzari, CFA, founder and CEO at Genero Capital.
· Bassem Awadallah, founder and CEO of Tomoh Advisory
· Anil Gaba, Chaired Professor of Risk Management at INSEAD,
· Walid Hanna, managing partner at Middle East Venture Partners.
· Adeel Malik, Globe Fellow in the Economies of Muslim Societies and a lecturer in development economics at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies at the University of Oxford.
· Jalil Tarif, Secretary General at the Arab Union for Securities Commissions
· Theo Vermaelen, professor of finance at INSEAD
· Ibrahim M. Turhan, chairman and CEO at Borsa Istanbul.
· Avinash D. Persaud, chairman at Intelligence Capital Limited.
· Imad Ghandour, managing director at CedarBridge Partners.
· Richard Duncan, chief economist at Blackhorse Asset Management.
Tuesday, March 12- 2013 @ 10:54 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.