Arab Health Congress will be held at Dubai’s International Exhibition Centre from January 26 to 29.
In addition to the sponsorship, five of Cleveland Clinic’s leading doctors and professionals will be speaking at the Arab Health Congress, including two presentations from Cleveland Clinic President and CEO, Delos M. “Toby” Cosgrove, M.D.
Cleveland Clinic is also proud to announce at Arab Health the opening of the new Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Pavilion and the Glickman Tower, which add nearly 1.3 million square feet to its main campus in the U.S. The buildings are home to the Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute and the Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute, represent the largest, most significant expansion in Cleveland Clinic’s history.
A summary of the Clinic’s speakers and their topics follows below:
1. Delos M. “Toby” Cosgrove, M.D., CEO Cleveland Clinic, will present as the keynote speaker, ‘Healthcare in the 21st Century’ at the Cardiology Congress at 9 a.m. Dr. Cosgrove will also be presenting, ‘Organizing the Future of Healthcare’ at 12:20 p.m. Dr. Cosgrove will be discussing the impact innovation, growth and the economy will have on healthcare.
2. Dr. Jihad H. Kaouk, M.D., Director of the Center for Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in the Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute at the Cleveland Clinic will discuss ‘Notes and Robotics’ at the Surgery Congress at 2:30 p.m.
1. Atul C. Mehta, M.B., B.S., Chief Medical Officer of the Sheikh Khalifa Medical City in Abu Dhabi, will examine “Bronchoscopic Radiographic Correlation” at the Medical Imaging and Diagnostic Congress at 11:00 a.m.
2. Samir Kapadia, M.D., Interventional Cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic’s Heart and Vascular Institute will discuss ‘Transcatheter Therapies for Aortic and Mitral Valve Disease’ at the Cardiology Congress at 12:30 p.m.
1. Samir Kapadia, M.D., Interventional Cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic’s Heart and Vascular Institute, will debate on ‘CABG vs. Vessel PCI’ at 9:20 a.m., and then he will introduce ‘Percutaneous Aortic Valve Replacement’ at 11 a.m. Both talks are part of the Interventional Cardiovascular Congress
2. Scott Strong, M.D., Acting Chief Executive Officer at Sheikh Khalifa Medical Center in Abu Dhabi, will present ‘Severe UC: Salvage Medical Therapy vs. Surgery’ at the Gastroenterology Congress at 3 p.m.
3. Robert Lorenz, M.D., Chief Medical Officer Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, will share his knowledge on ‘Making Quality, Accreditation and Outcomes Part of Your Electronic Medical Record’ at the Healthcare Management Congress at 4 p.m.
1. Dr. Jihad H. Kaouk, M.D., Director of the Center for Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in the Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute at the Cleveland Clinic, will be making two presentations at the Urology Congress; ‘Cryotherapy for Renal Call Carcinoma’ at 10:30 a.m., and ‘Single Port Laparoscopy: The Cleveland Clinic Experience” at 11 a.m.
Cleveland Clinic has a long-standing history of treating patients from the Middle East, and its annual participation in Arab Health is recognition of the growing healthcare needs of the region. Since 2007, Cleveland Clinic has managed the Sheikh Khalifa Medical Center. In addition, Cleveland Clinic and Mubadala Healthcare are scheduled to open a 360-bed, multi-specialty facility, on Al Sowa Island, in 2011.
Cleveland Clinic’s own International Centre has helped facilitate the journey for thousands of international patients who need to travel to Cleveland Clinic (USA) for care. The International Centre helps to coordinate travel arrangements, lodging and medical appointments for patients and physicians from around the world, and services for patients such as interpreters for health care appointments.
Wednesday, January 21- 2009 @ 13:06 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.