BlackBerry Limited, a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that it will bring the BlackBerry® Z3 smartphone to the Middle East. The new stylish smartphone is expected to be available in United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) in the month of July followed by Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait later this summer. Starting today, the BlackBerry Z3 can be pre-ordered in the UAE through the BlackBerry Store in the Dubai Mall. Consumers who purchase a BlackBerry Z3 smartphone in July can benefit from an exclusive app offer. They simply have to login into the BlackBerry World™ storefront from their BlackBerry Z3 in the month of July and download a selection of free premium apps worth Dhs200.
The BlackBerry Z3 extends the BlackBerry® 10 platform to a new generation of customers in the Middle East and offers them more ways to connect, share and be productive with an experience built on reliable, secure communications. The BlackBerry Z3 features a stylish design with a 5” touch display, an unrivalled messaging and typing experience, exceptional battery life, is equipped with BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 and is Android app compatible1.
Key features include:
• BlackBerry Hub – The ever present BlackBerry® Hub lets you access all your work and personal email, BBM™, text messages, social media updates and notifications in one place, with the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. The Hub can be customized to identify priority messages and to filter the message list by various criteria that you can then activate with a simple pinch gesture.
• BBM – BBM on the BlackBerry Z3 includes all the latest features of the popular mobile social network like BBM Channels and BBM Stickers.
• BlackBerry Keyboard – The BlackBerry Keyboard learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately. It gives you the best typing experience on a touchscreen, complete with multi-language support that lets you type in up to 3 different languages at the same time.
• Time Shift & Story Maker – The BlackBerry Z3’s Time Shift camera feature lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. You can also use Story Maker to bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share on YouTube.
• BlackBerry 10 Browser – The BlackBerry 10 browser sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 performance on smartphones, and is incredibly fast, with fluid and responsive scrolling and zooming. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content. You can even save web pages for later viewing.
• Instant Previews & Reply Now – Be more timely and responsive with Instant Previews that bring BBM, SMS and email message to you no matter what you are doing on your BlackBerry Z3. You can even reply to your BBM or SMS messages in any app, or swipe to the BlackBerry Hub to respond. If you get a phone call that you can’t answer right way, you can instantly silence the call and send a Reply Now response through BBM, SMS or email to let the caller know you’re busy
• Fast, Easy Sharing – The BlackBerry Z3 learns how you share and who you share with, helping you reduce the number of steps and amount of time it takes to get your files, photos, or documents to where they need to go. Touching “share” in any app provides suggestions on who and how to share your files based on who you’ve shared with in the past, and the feature only gets smarter the more you use it.
Android apps can be downloaded directly from the Internet through the BlackBerry Browser – allowing you to enjoy some of the world’s most popular titles. However, not all Android apps are supported and compatibility may vary by smartphone and/or source.
Sunday, June 29- 2014 @ 9:55 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.