Vodafone Qatar Q.S.C. (“Vodafone Qatar” or “The Company”) today announced its financial results for the nine months ended 31 December 2013.
Nine-Months to 31 December 2013 – Operational Highlights:
- 1,273,000 mobile customers; this is an increase of 27% compared to December 2012
- Total revenue of QR 1.43 billion; 31% growth over the same period last year
- Mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) increased to QR 125; this is growth of 3.6% year-on-year
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) reached QR 344 million; an 89% improvement year-on-year
- Distributable Profits of QR 89m; compared to minus QR 25 million for the same period last year. (Distributable profits represent the net profits or losses of the Company plus amortization of the license, for the financial period)
Vodafone Qatar Chairman, H.E Dr Sheikh Khalid Bin Thani Al Thani commented, “Generating positive Distributable Profits is a key target of ours and should give shareholders confidence, that the business is moving in the right direction.”
“These are a very strong set of results for Vodafone Qatar. The increase in our customer numbers enabled a 31% improvement in Revenue year-on-year and with continued focus on cost efficiencies, our EBITDA profits grew by 89%.”
Thursday, January 30- 2014 @ 6:27 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.