While consolidation can certainly bring a number of benefits to organisations, it will take more than just an afternoon to ensure that your consolidation and virtualisation projects are truly successful.
As far too many IT managers will tell you, a poorly-planned project will have your executives screaming, users threatening mutiny, and IT in the hot seat to quickly undo all the effort that went into the project in the first place.
This Riverbed white paper lays out five steps to successful IT consolidation and virtualisation projects.
While you’ll still be doing the hard work of actually implementing the new infrastructure, following these steps will enable you to make sure that you’ve covered all the issues in order to ensure that your organisation experiences the full benefits of IT consolidation.
- Mapping out a successful IT consolidation and virtualisation strategy
- Step 1: Lay out a change and risk management strategy
- Step 2: Develop a plan for resiliency
- Step 3: Test (and improve) branch office performance
- Step 4: Architect a forward-looking infrastructure plan
- Step 5: Plan a phased roll-out
Thursday, October 22- 2009 @ 8:57 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.