Date(s) - October 04,2009 - October 07,2009
Highly topical issues discussed include:
• Building a robust regulative, institutional and legal framework to ensure the smooth development and implementation of a peaceful nuclear programme
• Developing policies to ensure adherence to international safety and non-proliferation guidelines
• Regional updates on integrating nuclear energy within the electricity and energy mix
• Infrastructure and capacity building strategies: financing, human resource, supply chain and waste management
• Advanced reactor designs and technology
Many of your counterparts have recognised the significance of this flagship event and have confirmed their participation.
His Excellency Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani, Prime Minister and Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qatar will be sharing his vision, together with numerous high-level regional speakers who will share their views on their countries’ long-term goals for nuclear energy, including:
• Ali Abdulla Al Owais, Executive Director for Electricity Affairs, Ministry of Energy, UAE
• Dr. Khalid Ahmed Bu Rashid, Deputy Chief Executive, Planning & Projects, Bahrain Electricity & Water Authority
• Dr. Mustafa Bahran, former Yemen Minister of Energy and Electricity and Vice Chairman, Yemeni National Atomic Energy Commission
• Dr. Hisham Khatib, Honorary Vice Chairman, World Energy Council Global Energy Award Laureate (2007)
Sunday, October 4- 2009 @ 0:00 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.