• Install, configure and maintain servers, PCs, peripherals, IT tools/equipment, packaged software, antivirus, utilities, software tools and software patches.
• Install, administer and upgrade the computer network infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot problems arising from hardware, software, application systems, network infrastructure virus and security related attacks
• Install/ reinstall and configure packaged software and applications, antivirus, software utilities and patches.
• Update antivirus, systems software and other software updates, when required.
• Setup user accounts and profiles for users.
• Assign priorities to problems reported, based on the severity, and coordinate with the concerned parties (GEMS-IT, vendors, suppliers, etc.), where required, in tracking and resolving the problem.
• Provide user support (Admin & Academic ) - assist users in the appropriate use of systems/applications Intranet and Internet usage and provide them the best possible solutions to their IT related issues/ problems.
• Respond to queries on the status of the problem or service request.
• Provide technical support for software projects at the school.
• Communicate with users in assessing their ongoing needs, recommend best practices/effective solutions, and implement these to produce the desired results.
• Setup and ensure the strict compliance of procedures related to daily backup and other periodic routines - Software patches, data transfers/ interchange, port/ import/ export and restoration from backups when required.
• Assist the school in updating their web-sites, as required.
• Train users in the appropriate use of hardware, network, Intranet, internet, standard software packages and software tools.
• Record, monitor and control software licenses purchased and used and notify
GEMS-IT when upgrades/ renewals are required.
• Coordinate and interact with GEMS-IT, for all school matters related to IT policy, systems integration and networking (group wide), IT- infrastructure, purchases, upgrades, warranty, condemnation and replacements, new technology and requirements, technology plan and budgets.
• Coordinate with IT vendors (and GEMS-IT, where relevant) for IT items ordered and delivered, upgrades and replacements warranty issues and payments due.
Our client is a leading Contracting company in Doha, Qatar. Specialized in Civil works and working on huge projects all around Qatar are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team. The GM is responsible for successfully planning and executing clients’ contracts on time, on scope, on budget improving profitability, ensuring quality execution and customer satisfaction.
Reporting To: The Executive Board Members
The General Manager has to report to the Executive Board Members and to manage a team of: • Operations & Projects • Business Development • Tenders & proposals • Finance & Accounts • HR, Administration, IT & Logistics