Egypt’s NBE says tourism, industrial sectors account for 75% of NPLs
29/05/2014 2:12 am EDT

share with your network:

The National Bank of Egypt (NBE) has said its total non-performing loans amount to EGP6bn, Daily News Egypt has reported. The tourism and industrial sectors represent 75% of the total debt, while other sectors, led by transportation and oil, account for the remaining 25%, said NBE’s head of the Non-Performing Loans Division, Yehya Abou El-Fotouh. He said the tourism sector accounts for 40% of the total debt against 35% for industrials. “We have provided loans for hotels in operation ranging between EGP3-5m in order to meet the burden of paying wages and suppliers’ dues.”

About the Author

share with your network:

Share your view

© 1996-2015 Media quest FZ LLC A media and entertainment company
Middle East Main Office
[email protected]
© 2015 Dubai Business | Ameinfo . All rights Reserved.