The Fourteenth edition of the Dubai World Dermatology and Laser Conference and Exhibition (Dubai Derma) concluded at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre with more than 8000 visitors and participants registered for the three days of the conference and exhibition. Dubai Derma hosted this year 350 companies from 83 countries which presented their latest products, equipments and latest techniques in laser, anti-aging and skin care during the exhibition. On the other hand, the conference witnessed great participation from local and international dermatologists who came over to attend the scientific sessions and workshops that went along for the three days.
Dr. Ibrahim Galadari, Chairman of the Dubai Derma Conference and Professor of Dermatology at the UAE University said: “We were honored by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai first visit to Dubai Derma yesterday where he urged all parties in the UAE to work with a team’s spirit to win a bid to host World Congress for Dermatology in 2019. I would like to thank H.H Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum for his constant support and H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE, Minister of Finance and Chairman of the Dubai Health Authority for his sponsorship of Dubai Derma since its start from 14 years ago, and to his excellency Helal Al Marri, head of Dubai World Trade Centre DWTC, for his support.”
Commenting about the conclusion of Dubai Derma, Dr. Galadari said: “The 14th edition of Dubai Derma is considered the most successful edition I have witnessed until this day, evident by the feedback I received from all participants, visitors, and exhibitors.”
The World Congress of Dermatology is held each five years. The last was held in Seoul in 2011 and the next will be held in Vancouver, Canada in 2015. Dubai will compete with cities from Brazil, Italy, Czech and China to host the international event.
On the other hand, The scientific committee announced the recommendations for the 14th edition of the Dubai Derma Conference. Dr. Ibrahim Galadari, Chairman of the Dubai Derma Conference and Professor of Dermatology at the UAE University announced:
• The scientific committee suggested increasing the days of the Dubai Derma Pre-Conference courses
• Adding a specialized workshop dedicated to dermatologists who would like to specialize in certain aspects of skin surgeries
• Enhance the relationship between the Dubai Derma scientific committee and additional universities and communities to support the World Congress of Dermatology 2019
• The conference also covered the biological treatments for psoriasis and vitiligo to raise awareness amongst patients about the biological treatments under medical supervision.
• The scientific committee extended their gratitude to participants for supporting this event.
• Expanding the size of the exhibition halls next year in order to cater to all the national and international cosmetic companies who are interested to participate this year.
• Dubai Derma’s scientific committee supports the Arab and GCC Leagues of Dermatology in their efforts to nominate Dubai to host the Dermatology World Congress in 2019.
Dubai Derma has become the most important annual event in the field of dermatology and laser treatment in the region, and it competes with similar events in Europe and the US. It is dedicated to practitioners, specialists, manufacturers and distributors in the field of dermatology, skin care and laser under the theme: “Skin Health is our Concern.” Dubai Derma became a pioneer event in the Gulf and the Middle East region that showcases the best practices in dermatology science and the latest technology in skin care through specialised exhibition, lectures, courses and workshops.
Index Shared Services
Media & PR Executive
Phone: 04 362 4717 Ext: 505
Dubai World Dermatology & Laser Conference & Exhibition
Phone: 04 362 4717 Ext: 119