Taking into account the strong growth potential of the Middle East and the fact that the region has been relatively resilient through the economic turmoil, Zurich has appointed seven key members to its team to aid further strategic development and deepen industry expertise in sectors pertinent to the MENA region.
Additions to the General Insurance division include:
• David Breton as Head of Strategic Marketing & Business Development. David will drive strategic initiatives to grow Zurich’s General Insurance business in the Middle East and will lead Zurich’s entrance into the personal insurance market in the region.
• Michael Mansour as Regional Manager, Bank Distribution & Affinity. Michael will be responsible for expanding Zurich’s customer reach in the region by opening more distribution channels with key strategic banking partners.
Within its Global Corporate division, Zurich has appointed:
• Glenn Doan to manage its Risk Engineering team in the Middle East. Based in Bahrain and the UAE, Glenn will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of risk management services to support our regional insurance partners.
• Hassan Kaissi as Head of Customer & Distribution Management. Hassan will also be based in Bahrain and the UAE and will lead Zurich’s relationship and business development efforts in the region.
Zurich Middle East has also increased the number of fully empowered industry specialists within its Global Corporate division with the appointment of:
• Daniel Morrison as Underwriting Manager for Marine. Daniel Morrison transferred to Middle East from Zurich’s marine operation in Australia. He joins Zurich Middle East as Underwriting Manager for Marine and comes with over 12 years experience in the industry.
• Marline Nehme as Senior Casualty Underwriter. Marline Nehme will be delivering tailored casualty programmes across all major lines including public and product liability, recall and employer’s liability, to brokers and insurance partners in the region.
• Tejal Bartlett as Underwriting Manager for Onshore Energy Property. As part of the Zurich Global Energy team, she will be providing onshore property insurance programs for companies in the oil and gas, petrochemical, natural resources, mining and power generation industries.
Saad Mered, CEO of Zurich Middle East said:
“We are at an exciting phase in the growth of both our General Insurance and Global Corporate divisions. Speaking to brokers, regulators and industry peers here at the General Arab Insurance Federation conference in Jordan, it is evident that insurance penetration in the region is set to rise. As the regional insurance market continues to develop, the need therefore arises to broaden our risk engineering offer, deepen our industry expertise and develop our strategic initiatives in order to enhance our footprint in the region. We recognise the potential that the Middle East offers and want to ensure that we are structured in a way that allows us to respond to the needs of our brokers and local insurance partners with market leading propositions.”
Zurich Middle East is platinum sponsor at the 28th General Arab Insurance Federation conference which runs from May 17-19 2010.