The Fragrance Foundation Arabia (FFA) hosted on 30th October at the Conrad Hotel Dubai its annual FiFi Awards. Awards in 14 categories were handed to local and international perfumes.
Present at the award were Shahzad Haider, Chairman Fragrance Foundation Arabia and all jury panel members including Ali M. Jaber, Head of Juryand Dean of AUD & Group TV Director MBC; Abdul Wahab Al Hawaj, Al Hawaj Stores; Chantal Ross, Chantal Ross;Firas Al Murabet and Shadi Samra, Arabian Oud France and UAE; Sonya de Castelbajac, L’Oreal Paris; Jean-Pierre Lerouge, Molinard; Huzaifa, Swiss Arabian Perfume Group; Serge Kotovsky, Creation; Raffaello Napoleone, Pitti Fragranze; Sandra Raicevic Petrovic, Fragrantica; Shehrzade Chamlou, SGD Group; Simone Cosac, Simone Cosac perfumes and Yuonas Maysoon, Mane.
The Award was attended by top industry professionals and cream of top leading international and regional brands, with chairs represented by owners and the management board of multi-brand and mono-brand companies, renown industry professionals, perfume creators and experts, suppliers and award nominees of the entire Middle East region.
The three award categories and its 14 sub-category winners of FiFi Arabia 2013 are:
Fragrance of the Year award(this Award winner is determined through the Jury Panel)
01. Arabian Prestige Male: Noble Leather, YSL
02. Arabian Prestige Female: Narciso Rodriquez for her, Narciso Rodriquez
03. International Prestige Male: Brit Rhythm, Burberry
04. International Prestige Female: Elie Saab Le Parfum, Elie Saab
05. Arabian Popular Appeal Male: Attar Al Ghutra, Swiss Arabian Perfumes
06. Arabian Popular Appeal Female: Be Shay AnfasicDokhoon, Mohammed Hilal Group
07. International Popular Appeal Male: Polo Red, Ralph Lauren
08. International Popular Appeal Female:Bebe Wishes & Dreams, Creation
Retailer of the Year Award (this Award winner is determined through online voting)
09. Multi-Brand Store (Retail Sector Initiative): Plethora Artistic Perfume Lounge
10. Mono-Brand Store (Retailer of the Year): Arabian Oud
My perfume of the Year Award (this Award winner is determined through online voting)
11. Arabian Fragrance Male: Majestic Special Oud, Arabian Oud
12. Arabian Fragrance Female: Woody Blanc, Arabian Oud
13. International Fragrance Male: Gentleman Secret, Arabian Oud
14. International Fragrance Female: Donna, Arabian Oud
Every year the Fragrance FoundationArabia organizes the prestigious FiFi Awards at different exclusive locations such as previously the Burj Khalifa (2012) and in its 4th edition on 30th October 2013 at the Conrad hotel.
The involvement of regional and international fragrance experts in the jury panel determines the winners of the eight categories for Arab and International fragrances within the ‘Fragrance of the year Awards’. The ‘Retailer of the Year Awards’ and ‘My favorite Perfume of the Year’ Awards wereselected through a consumer online voting that was open till 29th October 2013.
Jury Panel Members are experiencing nominated fragrances through a three phase evaluation where the session is regulated and moderated by the Head of the Jury Panel. The process is aligned to the international judging process that is set by the Global Fragrance Foundation headquartered in NYC, United States of America. According to the standards the first phase of the judging mechanism comprises the evaluation of fragrances in seven criteria(inspecting the fragrance in its aesthetic appeal and scent). Evaluation forms consist of a pointing system from 0-3 (0 for not appealing and 3 for highest score).
The second phase allows the jury panel members to openly discuss the fragrances and if required rethink their evaluation made in the first phase and possibly correct their mark.
The judging mechanism is anonymous and jury panel members are excluded from the evaluation of their own manufactured fragrances.