FRHI Hotels & Resorts announces seven new hotel developments in MEAI
FRHI Hotels & Resorts, the hotel management company that operates Raffles Hotels & Resorts, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts, announced the development of seven new hotels in the burgeoning Middle East, Africa and India (MEAI) region, at the Arabian Travel Market 2014, which concludes today (Thursday, May 8) at the Dubai World Trade Centre. The addition of these new hotels is an important step towards FRHI’s goal of doubling its regional footprint by 2020.
Currently, FRHI has 19 existing hotels in the MEAI region. The new developments are set to open in key strategic markets, including Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Nigeria.
The seven new hotel properties are as follows:
- Raffles Jeddah – With an enviable location and inspired by rich Arab heritage, the luxury hotel will feature 180 guestrooms and 188 branded residences. The property will offer special wedding suites for newlyweds, as well as a number of recreational options such as a library, penthouse-level entertainment suite and a 1,200-square-metre spa and fitness club featuring an indoor ladies-only pool
- Swissôtel Jeddah – Located in the bustling Palestine Road, the hotel will have 350 guestrooms, executive rooms and suites, a unique variety of innovative and trendy dining options, 2,500 square metres of meeting and conference space and a 1,200-square-metre Pürovel Spa and Sport centre featuring indoor and outdoor pools
- Swissôtel Jaddaf – Enjoying an excellent location just minutes away from the Dubai International Airport and close to the Princess Haya Children’s Hospital, the property will feature 276 guestrooms and suites, 1,600 square metres of ultra-contemporary meeting and conference space and a Pürovel Spa & Sport, with a philosophy that is inspired by the Alpine seasons. The five-star Swissotel will anchor the Al Jaddaf mixed-use development envisioned by Aabar Properties to also include two other hotels, serviced apartments, residential and retail facilities
- Fairmont Citystars Sharm El Sheikh – Part of the first phase, which includes extensive retail space, residential apartments and the largest Crystal Lagoon in the world, The Fairmont is scheduled to open in 2015 and includes a Fairmont hotel and residential development with 457 guestrooms and 232 residences
- Swissôtel Citystars Sharm El Sheikh – The project’s second phase includes the first Swissôtel in Egypt with 400 guestrooms and suites overlooking the Crystal Lagoon, alongside large retail space and 400 residences due to open in 2016
- Raffles Citystars Sharm El Sheikh – A luxury offering of 250 guestrooms and 50 residential villas facing a private lagoon, the hotel will boast a 2,500-square-metre banquet and conference island, retail souks, a ‘La Croisette’ leisure and retail promenade and a Colin Montgomery 18-hole championship golf course
- Fairmont Lagos – Featuring 220 guestrooms and suites, 50 residences, a Fairmont Gold lounge and an art gallery, the property will showcase a diversity of handmade arts and crafts, including beautifully carved wooden furniture and statues, alongside colourful paintings. A 3,800-square-metre meeting and conference area will cater to the needs of the business community, while a 1,800-square-metre Willow Stream Spa will offer authentic treatment options and an extensive menu of relaxation programmes