January 2014 was a record month for Nissan Patrol across the Middle East region as sales reached an all-time monthly high of 2836 units.
This achievement follows record sales for the ever-popular Patrol in the UAE during December, and also in Qatar during both December and January.
In total, more than 18 000 units have been sold across the Middle East in the ten month period from April 2013 to January 2014 – a rise of 9% compared to the previous year representing a 23% share of the Large SUV (SUV-L) market segment.
• Model Year 2014 Nissan Patrol introduced across the Middle East
• January 2014 Nissan Patrol sales doubled versus January 2013 with SUV-L segment share of 31% in the Middle East
o December 2013: segment leader with more than 1100 units sold (54% market segment share)
o Total sales for Patrol are over 7800 units for the period April 2013 to January 2014, representing an increase of 12% in sales and 38% in market segment share
• Qatar: consecutive record breaking months in December 2013 and January 2014 (37% market segment share)
• Kuwait: total sales for Patrol in January 2014 took the segment leadership position with a share of 49%
• Iraq: total sales for Patrol in January 2014 took the segment leadership position with 66% share.
Samir Cherfan, Managing Director, Nissan Middle East, said: “These are exciting times for the ‘Hero of All Terrain’ as we have witnessed outstanding sales and increasing appeal of this vehicle. We have crossed significant milestones since the launch of MY2014 Nissan Patrol last year and expect to build on this momentum for this year.
“There is potential for significant growth in the Middle East as well as increased demand for Patrol. We will continue our drive to exceed the expectations of our growing customer base supported by our extensive dealer network.”
For Nissan Middle East FZE media enquiries:
General Manager, Corporate Communications Department
Nissan Middle East FZE
Tel: +971 4 881 7500
Fax: +971 4 881 9747
Ketchum Raad Middle East
Tel: + 971 4 425 8991