YouTube in talks with Hollywood to boost premium content: report

July 16, 2014 12:03 am


YouTube has entered into a new round of talks with Hollywood and independent producers to fund premium content, a move that could bolster a three-year-old multimillion-dollar effort that has had mixed success so far, Reuters has reported, citing two sources with knowledge of the discussions. Over the past two months, YouTube executives have begun making the rounds, talking to Hollywood producers to explore the kinds of support it could offer its content creators and produce more must-see programming, according to the two people. One of the two people said the site may offer between $1m and $3m to produce a series of programmes, and might contribute marketing funds as well, while the second person said the site was interested in videos shorter than the 30-minute, TV network-quality web shows that Amazon.com Inc. and other online sites have recently funded.

By

s