ICG-Events anniunces launch of London Sukuk Summit
ICG-Events are pleased to announce the 2014 London Sukuk Summit; the 8th Summit in the series will be taking place on the 18th-19th June at the Jumeirah Carlton, Knightsbridge, London.
The London Sukuk Summit has over the years established itself as the foremost gathering in this field based on its ability to bring together the leading industry experts and institutions to explore the key issues impacting the Islamic Capital Markets sector and its future development and is very much an industry led and industry focused event.
Following David Cameron’s announcement in November of 2013 at the World Islamic Economic Forum, of the British government’s intention to issue a debut £200 million sovereign Sukuk in 2014, the London Sukuk Summit has assumed even greater significance for all those ether engaged in or interested in accessing the liquidity and huge opportunities available in the rapidly growing global Islamic financial services industry.
Confirmed speakers for this year’s key sessions include, amongst others:
– Jaseem Ahmed, Secretary General, IFSB
– Dr Abdel Rahman Tayeb Taha, CEO, ICIEC
– Wan Abdul Rahim Kamil, Senior Consultant, Securities Commission Malaysia
– Badlisyah Abdul Ghani, CEO, CIMB Islamic Bank
– Issam Al Tawari, Chairman & Managing Director, Rasameel Structured Finance
– Sohail Jaffer, Deputy CEO, FWU AG Group
– Mohamed Damak, Director, Standard & Poor’s
– Stella Cox, Managing Director, DDCAP
– Adnan Halawi, Head of Zawya Islamic Finance, Thomson Reuters
– Richard de Belder, Partner, Dentons UKMEA LLP
– Abradat Kamalpour, Partner, Ashurt
– Marc Theisen, Managing Partner, Theisen Law
– Dr Akram Laldin, Shariah Scholar, ISRA
– Sheikh Faizal Manjoo – Shariah Scholar & Lecturer, The Markfield Institute of Higher Education
– Mushtak Parker – Editor, Islamic Banker
On the evening of the first day of the Summit (the 18th of June), we will be holding the annual Sukuk Summit Awards during the event’s Gala Dinner Ceremony. The Awards celebrate outstanding achievement in Sukuk, Islamic Capital Markets as well as Islamic Finance in general and have become the premier accolades in the sector.
The Summit is specifically aimed at harnessing the most current issues so as to keep all interested parties informed of the Sukuk market developments and innovation; to provide a platform for dialogue with peers; and to provide all participants with a voice in contributing to the future direction of the Islamic debt and capital markets.