ADEC launches Sayfuna Mumayaz 2014
Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) has announced the inauguration of the 14th Edition of “Sayfuna Mumayaz” program. The program’s activities will start on June 29 and will continue until July 17, 2014. The program aims to invest in the energies and talents of students and provide them with knowledge and skills during a key period of the year, which is the summer holiday adding to the continuous success of the previous versions of the program.
This came during a Press Conference held at Mubarak Bin Mohammad School to discuss the developments of this year’s version of the program. The Conference was attended by H.E. Dr. Amal Al-Qubaisi, ADEC’s Director General, Mr. Mohammed Salem Al Dhaheri, and Executive Director of School Operations at ADEC and representatives of sponsors.
H.E. Dr. Amal Al-Qubaisi praised His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, president of the United Arab Emirates and His Highness Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai for the cultural renaissance that is taking place in UAE in all areas. “Their highnesses are always keen to provide the necessary means and resources that will help build and refine the personalities of young people. Their support encourages children to be motivated and creative in various disciplines.” she added.
ADEC DG also praised His Highness Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and Chairman of ADEC for his continuous support for education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Moreover, Dr. Al Qubaisi extended her gratitude to all the sponsors for their support of this project that allows youth to enjoy useful activities during the summer vacation.
ADEC DG pointed out that Sayfuna Mumayaz targets all students in Abu Dhabi public schools and aims to enhance their skills and capabilities.
Al Qubaisi said that “Sayfuna Mumayaz, through its activities and practical sessions, has a new vision for better investment in the children’s free time in order to improve their skills and meet their needs. The program will provide activities and organize various events that will be suitable for the atmosphere of the blessed Month of Ramadan.”
“The project seeks to promote the values and traditions of the U.A.E. society, and it helps instill in students these values, through various scientific, practical, heritage and sports activities. The activities take place in attractive environment that fulfill the needs of students under the supervision of trained coaches”, she added.
Al Dhaheri said that Sayfuna Mumayaz registration will start on 22 of June, through its programs and practical sessions, has a new vision for better investment in the children’s free time in order to refine their skills and take care of their needs. The program will provide activities and organize various events that will be suitable for the atmosphere of the blessed Month of Ramadan. Sayfuna Mumayaz this year includes 6 different activities supervised by expertise: My Identity, My Hobby, Injaz, My Career, Sports for a Healthy Life Style, and Real Madrid Champions Competition.
Al-Dhaheri pointed out that “Sayfuna Mumayaz is not only an entertainment project, but also aims to enhance student skills, develop their talents and teach them how to use their free time wisely”. “This year’s program is expected to attract more than 20000 students in 83 Center in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Western region”, he added.
During the 3-week program, specialists will present 6 different activities as follows:
1. My Identity: It aims to introduce the concepts of heritage, traditions, values and loyalty. It is organized in 3 male centers & 3 female centers and targets 500 students.
2. My Hobby: It includes specialized training courses designed to enhance student art skills & various disciplines such as: etiquette, cooking, volunteer work, and media, press and get more knowledge from the expertise. It targets 1000 students.
3. Injaz: It offers courses in universities and colleges aiming to promote student skills in English, IT and life skills such as: languages, social media, IELTS, robotics, software design, Future Leaders Program. It is offered in ADU, Emirates University and HCT. It targets 3700 students.
4. Sports for a Healthy Life Style: It aims to train students practice various sports such as: diving, swimming and Jiu Jitsu. It is offered in 44 centers as follows: 10 for boys and 7 for girls in Abu Dhabi, 10 for boys & 7 for girls in Al Ain and 5 for boys & 5 for girls in Al Gharbia. It targets 14000 students.
5. Mihnati (My Career): It aims to train students during summer holiday through enrolling them in 9 government organizations. It helps them develop & enhance their skills to choose their own career and academic paths that correspond with their skills & interests. It targets 300 students approximately.
6. Real Madrid Champions Competition: It aims to set a competition between C3 schools under the supervision of Real Madrid Football Academy. It seeks to train and educate students in the art of football. It targets 500 students.
The following organizations will participate in Sayfuna Mumayaz Program: Abu Dhabi General Services Company (MUSANADA), Emergency Crisis & Disasters Management Authority, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA), Tawazun Holding, Etihad Airways, Polytechnic College, Al Ain Distribution Company (AADC), Al Ain Zoo & Sanctuary, General Authority of Islamic Affairs & Endowment (AWQAF), Department of Municipal Affairs, Al Dhafra Co-Operative, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nahyan Future Generation Society, Armed Forces Officers Club and Tawam Art Center.
For more information, please contact:
+971 (2) 6150 000