Last Update on Thursday, October 17 - 2013 @ 10:28
SMEinfo keeps log files that include your IP address for statistic and logging of abuse purpose only. Log files are under no circumstances shared with any third party except if required by law or court order by a competent court.
- SMEinfo (or a third party on its behalf) can store and process your contact details and personal information if provided including: full name, e-mail, gender, company name and address, city, country, IP address, phone number, fax number, birth date, nationality, primary role, corporate website, number of employees and industry in a database;
- SMEinfo may use your personal information to send you information about issues SMEinfo finds or believes to be relevant to you, including third party information (however the sender will always be SMEinfo for easy identification);
- SMEinfo may contact you via email if its terms change, if authorities demand it, or when services are added, updated or modified;
- you can manually request to be deleted from our database and all information held about you by SMEinfo will be removed;
- if you choose to contact a company or organisation through SMEinfo or the Website, SMEinfo is entitled to disclose any of your information or details that it holds (including your IP address) to that company or organisation.
When you visit an a 4C-Group website(s), 4C-Group uses “cookie” technology to try make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies 4C-Group use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an 4C-Group website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to an 4C-Group website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the Emap website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is collected, in an anonymous form but may include information such as about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests
Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the 4C-Group website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is collected, in an anonymous form but may include information such as about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests
A) Our Cookies
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information|
|ame_session||Login for ameinfo.com||www.ameinfo.com/privacy/|
|ame_username||To remember a username||www.ameinfo.com/privacy/|
|ameinfo_code||To track marketing campaigns, including competitions||www.ameinfo.com/privacy/|
|gpoll||To moderate poll activity||www.ameinfo.com/privacy/|
Additionally on Jobs.ameinfo.com:
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information|
|Session_Jobseeker||To remember preferences||www.ameinfo.com/privacy/|
|User_WebSite||To remember a username||www.ameinfo.com/privacy/|
|Logon_WebSite||Login for ameinfo.com||www.ameinfo.com/privacy/|
B) Third Party Cookies
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More Information|
|WebTrends uses a cookie to track the number of unique users of this website. It basically tells us whether the website has a small number of regular visitors or a large number of infrequent visitors. The cookie only relates to what goes on in this website||webtrends.com/privacy-policy/|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
|A unique identifier used by Google applications to store user preference information||www.google.ae/intl/en/policies/|
|A unique identifier used by Google applications to store user preference information||www.google.com/policies/privacy/|
|Used by the Google Chrome browser to store user preferences||www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/privacy.html|
|OAS 24 / 7 Real Media
|A unique identifier used by 24/7 Real Media to store anonymously daily a monthly frequency cap information and count visitors||www.247realmedia.com/EN-US/privacy-policy.html|
|Effective measure is an audience management tool which uses a cookie to track the number of unique users of this website. It basically tells advertisers about the quantity of visitors to the website. The cookie only relates to what goes on in this website||www.effectivemeasure.com/privacy-policy/|
|A unique identifier used by Linkedin to count users who use the Linkedin social media buttons||www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy|
|A unique identifier used by Twitter to count users who use the Twitter social media buttons||twitter.com/privacy|
|doubleclick.net (Google Adwords)
|Google uses the DoubleClick cookie on AdSense sites, partner sites and certain Google services to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times a given ad is shown to you||www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-doubleclick|
In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
Our third party advertising partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or high game score, or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here:
Email and Communication Services – Member account, password and security
If a particular service offered on the Website or any other SMEinfo owned web site requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing SMEinfo with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You then will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You must not disclose your password to any third party. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to notify SMEinfo immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. SMEinfo will not be liable for any loss or damages that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by SMEinfo or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
Use of Your Information
SMEinfo may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administering your Website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us, downloads you make from the Website and uploads you provide to the Website and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding SMEinfo or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the SMEinfo Website(s) and other services and developing SMEinfo ‘s marketing plans.
SMEinfo may also disclose your information as follows:
- if you have given your consent for SMEinfo to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by SMEinfo to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to A 4C Service (UK company no.537204) and all other affiliated companies (wherever in the world) which are part of the same group of companies to which SMEinfo belongs;
- to the third party who is the originator of a White Paper that you have downloaded from AMEinfo.com’s White Papers Library (and to equivalent third parties in connection with any similar or equivalent service offered by this Website);
- in connection with the jobs section of this Website (www.jobs.ameinfo.com, and to which further Terms apply in connection with use of the same), to a recruiter (i) that has downloaded your CV (which you have uploaded and made available to the Website); and (ii) where you have replied to a job listing that has been advertised by such recruiter on the Website;
- to third parties selected by SMEinfo as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the SMEinfo Website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure AMEinfo.com compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- to any individual making a subject information request to SMEinfo.
In the event that SMEinfo is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant SMEinfo business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom SMEinfo is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on SMEinfo by the third party.
Updated and changes
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire any of SMEinfo ‘s services, you may correct, or update your preferences, by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail.
If you use the discussion forum, blog or comment field on this Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, blogs or comments, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Furthermore, in some circumstances SMEinfo may display some of your personal information (name data) when you post material to a discussion forum, blog or comment field to allow users to identify each other.
Third party websites
This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Mediaquest FZ LLC. Please be aware that Mediaquest FZ LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Website
Third party advertisers
The ads appearing on this Website are delivered to users by 24/7 Real Media, SMEinfo ‘s advertising partner. We share Website usage information about users with 24/7 Real Media for the purpose of targeting our banner advertisements on this Website.
For more information about our third-party advertiser, or to learn more about the choices available to you regarding this anonymous information, please click here.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Send content to a colleague
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a colleague about this website or a specific article or service, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Mediaquest FZ LLC will store this information, but solely for the purpose of sending the one-time invitation.
If you have any questions about security or privacy on our website, please contact us individually or as per the below contact details:
Address:P.O. BOX 72184 Dubai Media City, Zee Tower, Office 206 | United Arab Emirates
TEL:+971 4 390 11 61
FAX:+971 4 390 87 37
Address:Olaya Al Bustan Mall, Office 4010, P.O Box: 14303 Riyadh 11424
TEL:+966 1 4194061
FAX:+966 1 4194132
Address:Jeddah, Roueis Area, Fayd Al Rahmah Street, Roueis Bldg, Bloc B, 4th floor
TEL:+ 966 50 0443474
FAX:+966 2 6142848
Address:5ht Floor, Azar Bldg. Dimitri AL Hayek Street, Sin El Fil-Horsh Tabet, Beirut | Lebanon
TEL:+961 1 49 28 01/2/3 ext: 100
FAX:+961 1 49 28 01
Address:S.C.C Arabies, 18 rue de Varize, 75016 Paris
TEL:+33 1 47 66 46 00 / 96 96
FAX:+33 1 43 80 73 62