To mark the completion of his first year at SSH, CEO Bob Hope addressed all staff to thank them for the great effort and energy they have all put into the business. This has enabled Bob to build the foundations that will allow SSH to grow rapidly in Kuwait and throughout the MENA region.
SSH is ranked 4th in the Middle East in the official 2014 World Architecture Magazine listings and we will continue to raise our profile by delivering the highest standards of quality and value to our clients.
Bob said that his greatest achievement to date has been to build a first class team and to work with them to formulate a clear vision we can all share and aspire to. Our vision is ‘To be the Architecture and Engineering Consultant, Strategic partner and employer of choice in the MENA Region.
Bob announced that we have now united the International business with Matt Squires as MD, supported by an International Board. He also updated staff with the latest developments and our expansionary plans:
• Our growing Oman business has performed admirably this year and has given SSH a fantastic reputation in the local market. They successfully delivered Oman’s second largest building project, the Oman Convention and Exhibition Center.
• Michael Byron will lead the UAE business as Resident Director and will be supporting the Business Development push from his position on Matt’s International Board.
• Allel Hadri has joined us from Atkins and will lead our registration in Kurdistan where we have partnered with a strong local group and see great potential. Allel will then join Michael in expanding our presence in UAE.
• Our registration in Qatar is reaching its final stages led by Matt Squires. We hope to be announcing our first win in Qatar shortly.
• Adriaan Vorster and his team in South Africa have done an excellent job in kick starting our new and rapidly expanding medical design capability. They have worked on NBK Children’s Cancer Center, Salwa Al Sabah Stem Cell Hospital and many other hospital projects.
• We have also appointed Andrew Barwick as General Manager for Bahrain and East KSA and we are in the process of finalizing our registration process in Bahrain.
• Our Algeria office is running Algeria’s biggest project – the prestigious Gulf Bank Algeria Headquarters.
• The building design delivery teams have done a tremendous job in closing out the Oman Convention and Exhibition Center project as well as working on a world class project for Kuwait Amiri Diwan and wining the Kuwait Finance House Residential Tower project.
• We are rapidly expanding our infrastructure design business and have recently won the prestigious Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmad Causeway project.
• Our construction services team is currently supervising projects with a value in excess of $3bn – including Abu Dhabi Presidential Palace, Algeria Gulf Bank, OCEC and the prestigious ongoing Sabah Al Salem New campus at Kuwait University.
• We have appointed Gregory Wenck as our QSE Director. He will ensure that we deliver international best practice across our business.
The new international management team, along with the existing regional and local team, will ensure SSH takes confident steps as we shape our development over the next 50 years. Bob said: “We have had an excellent year and I am extremely proud to be leading SSH. I am sure that our founders would be equally proud of what we have achieved in such a short timescale.”