Vodafone Qatar launched, Vodafone Falla, the country’s first ever telecom plan appealing to the youth with great mobile deals, exciting activities and direct youth engagement. Falla is a Qatari expression that means enjoying the moment. Falla is the feeling Vodafone wants to create with young people in Qatar.
Giving the opening note, Vodafone Qatar’s CEO, Mr Kyle Whitehill said this year would be full of game changers referring to the tremendous success of the Company’s last Red Postpaid launch.
Mr Whitehill went on to say, “Youth are the cornerstone of Qatar’s 2030 development vision. Harnessing their passions, ambitions and creativity in every aspect of their lives will play a key role in realizing that vision. There are half a million young people in Qatar with their own taste and their own requirements not only in terms of lifestyle but also in the field of day to day communication.”
“Vodafone recognises that the needs of youth are different, and feels that there is a real opportunity to offer something unique to them, that talks to them and that helps them to achieve their dreams and ambitions,” continued Mr Whitehill
Products that offer value
With the new Vodafone Falla Prepaid and Postpaid plans you can talk for hours, get endless music and enjoy fantastic internet offers:
1- Hours of calling to friends with 1000 minutes of calls to Vodafone numbers.
2- Endless music with Anghami+ mobile music application and 1GB of internet for mobile streaming and downloads. Anghami is the number 1 music service in the gulf, offering the largest catalogue of regional and international music.
3- Fantastic internet offers with 100MB free on every prepaid recharge and a postpaid Falla plan with 1GB included.
Vodafone Falla will deliver entertainment to youth:
1- Video Gaming at The Gaming Lounge. Located in Al Sadd area, this is the only 24-hour gaming location in Qatar. Every Wednesday from midday to midnight, Vodafone Falla is sponsoring free gaming for anybody in Qatar.
2- Fashion Events with regional and international stylists. Every month, Vodafone Falla customers will get the chance to participate in exclusive workshops and get fashion advice from these international experts.
Direct youth engagement
The youth in Qatar are highly connected, technically savvy and prefer digital media as form of engagement. Vodafone will reach out to youth in places where they are, in ways that make sense for their lifestyle.
1- Campus activities at Qatar University and Qatar Foundation
2- Vodafone support using WhatsApp on 70550111 which for the first time in the region, an innovative support channel has been designed to meet the needs of the youth.
3- Dedicated digital platforms at
– Instagram @vodafonefalla
– Twitter @vodafonefalla
– Facebook www.facebook.com/VodafoneFalla
– YouTube www.youtube.com/VodafoneFalla
– Website www.vodafone.qa/Falla
Falla Ambassadors & Competition
Vodafone also announced their Falla Ambassadors; young people who are well recognised and admired in Qatar. They will be helping share the great things about Vodafone Falla with customers.
– Abdulaziz Yousef, the passionate Qatari artist and cartoonist whose work can be seen on Jeem TV and Al Raya newspaper
– Mohamed Saad Al Dosari, nicknamed dr7moda; this Qatari comedian captures the essence of the humorous side of life here in Qatar. With more than fifty thousand Instagram followers, he is widely respected amongst the youth.
– Selina Farooqui, the Qatar raised fashion designer launched her fashion career before she even graduated from VCU Qatar and her designs can be seen at Impressions Boutique in the Pearl.
– Mohammed Abu Zainab, the regular TEDx speaker is an extremely respected voice of the youth – spends half his time inspiring the Qatari youth and the other half studying in the U.S. and keeping up with the latest trends and hot topics.
The ambassador videos announce the Vodafone Falla launch competition. The competition invites the youth in Qatar to share exciting things that are Falla to them on a social media platform using hashtag #VodafoneFalla. Vodafone will make those Falla aspirations come true for the lucky winners of the competition. This competition will run on all Vodafone Falla digital platforms from now till the 27th of April 2014.
Vodafone Falla is composed of 2 plans
Vodafone Falla Prepaid plan, for only QR6 a week:
– 250 minutes for calls to any Vodafone customer in Qatar
– Endless music with Anghami+ and 250MB to enjoy streaming and downloads on Anghami+
– 100MBs every time you recharge QR35 or more
Vodafone Falla Postpaid plan, for only QR100 per month:
– 1000 minutes for calls to any Vodafone customer in Qatar
– Endless music with Anghami+ and 1GB to enjoy streaming and downloads on Anghami+
– 200 minutes for calls to any local number in Qatar
– 1GB internet.