Vodafone Qatar Q.S.C. (“Vodafone Qatar” or “The Company”) announced its financial results for the quarter ended 30 June 2014.
June Quarter (three months) Operational Highlights:
– 1,354,000 mobile customers as at 30 June; 18% YoY growth
– Quarterly revenue of QR 585 million; 27% YoY growth
– Mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) increased year on year by QR 8 to QR 131
– Quarterly earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) reached QR 159 million; an increase of 61% year-on-year
– Distributable Profit was QR 73m for the quarter and Net Loss reduced to a loss of QR 27m; an improvement of 68% over the same quarter last year.
– The loss per share is minus (0.03) QR compared with minus (0.1) QR for the same quarter last year
June Financial Summary
Vodafone Qatar Chairman, H.E Sheikh Dr. Khalid Bin Thani Bin Adbullah Al Thani commented “Revenue for the quarter grew by 27% year-on-year, driven by a combination of continued customer growth and strong ARPU performance which resulted in a healthy growth in EBITDA.”
“This quarter also saw a significant milestone for the Company with the launch of Vodafone 4G, Qatar newest 4G network that comes with the newest content proposition and best in-store experience. Over the next few months, we will be expanding our 4G network to cover more of Doha focusing on indoor coverage as well as outside Doha especially the camping areas.”
E-mail: [email protected]