du seeks Emirati employees at Tawdheef 2014
In line with the recently-announced UAE National Agenda, in which HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai stated that the private sector should increase Emiratisation efforts, du has announced that it will create 50 more positions for Emiratis at various levels within the company throughout 2014. UAE nationals are invited to visit du’s stand at Tawdheef 2014 which will be held at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre from 3rd – 5th February (3E30) to explore the exciting career opportunities that the Middle East’s fastest-growing telecommunications company offers.
“As one of the UAE’s premiere career fairs, Tawdheef has been an integral part of our Emiratisation efforts for several years,” said Ibrahim Nassir, Chief Human Capital & Administration Officer, du.
“Participating in such events is essential in order to interact immediately with the Emiratis we are keen to employ. Tawdheef provides us with the opportunity to showcase our full potential as an employer; we are able to speak with prospective hires so that they have a full understanding of the career, experience and training they can expect as a member of the du family. This year, we are looking to recruit 50 UAE nationals for various positions within the company, in full support of the UAE National Agenda announced by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.” Working with du offers Emiratis myriad possibilities for both professional and personal development, as the company provides all employees with a tailored career paths and supporting training to help them achieve their full potential. In collaboration with leading UAE colleges and universities, du gives Emiratis a strong start to their careers by offering them the option to participate in several initiatives.
· Masar: Throughout the 18 month Masar development programme, trainees are guided through dedicated initiatives. In 2013, 36 Emiratis graduated from Masar to join the more than 160 UAE nationals who have graduated from the programme since 2007.
· Emiratis enrolled on the Masar Sponsorship Programme receive a monthly stipend of AED5,000 for the last 24 months of their studies, after which they join du as a Masar Graduate Trainee. The programme offers students the opportunity to attend training courses, workshops, and take advantage of opportunities to develop capacity, helping them to achieve their potential. There are currently eight UAE nationals enrolled in the Masar Sponsorship Programme.
· du’s Summer Training Programme invites Emirati students in schools and universities to enroll in intensive hands-on training for two months within the company. A training plan is developed for each intern to help them develop their skills, so that they can learn more about working in an environment as vibrant and diverse as du’s.
· Maharat provides soon-to-be graduates with the opportunity to attain skills and training that will enable them to successfully enter life after university. More than 470 UAE nationals have joined this training programme over the past 3 years.
· du’s Self-development Programme provides a platform for Emiratis and their managers to discuss the future of their career, and the training that is required for them to advance is then provided.
· Competencies Development Groups offer UAE nationals the chance to participate in groups that discuss the development of core competencies.
Emiratis interested in pursuing a rewarding career with du are encouraged to visit the company’s stand at Tawdheef 2014, which will run until 5 February 2014.
Visitor’s to du’s stand at are invited to submit their CVs into the company’s online database, which is dedicated exclusively to UAE nationals. Once included in the database, Emiratis will be informed of relevant opportunities that suit their profile, as and when they become available at the company.