Survey reveals that sixty per cent view fabric technologies as the future of networks
Data centre availability is a leading concern, …READ MORE >>
If you are a cautious banker you need to weigh up both optimistic and negative scenarios and make sure that …
Organise your events diary by accessing the region's biggest directory of business events in the region View all >>
The post-doctoral fellow is a member of the research team, which investigates the genetic etiology of neurologic diseases and is expected to contribute to the success of the research program conducted by the team. The post-doctoral fellow will participate in the development of research projects, will conduct laboratory and computer based experiments and analyses, will participate in developing and adopting research methodology and approaches and will contribute to the internal and external reporting of research results. These activities are performed with progressively decreasing supervision from senior research team members with the goal of reaching independence.
1. Execution of research protocols under the supervision of the most senior member (Principal Scientist) of the research team, with limited guidance, while maintaining comprehensive records and documentation.
2. Development of new research protocols and projects within the broader research program.
3. Performance of literature searches and the application of basic scientific principles to the execution of the research protocols.
4. Production of research reports and abstracts and drafting quality manuscripts for submission in peer-reviewed journals and scientific periodicals.
5. Writing of mentored grant proposals to solicit research funds.
6. Participation in seminars, local, regional and international conferences, and specialty workshops.
7. Development of personal technical, computer and operation skills, related to the research program.
8. Provision of standard operating procedures for the related techniques, in compliance with the quality standards of the institution and center and all applicable safety measures, rules and regulations.
9. Attendance of training and capacity building workshops as required for skill building and for the execution of the research protocols.
10. Supervision of junior team members and graduate students and participation in educational activities, as required.
11. Management of procuring and using consumables, laboratory supplies, needed software, minor equipment and other assets.
12. Management of the data confidentially and with ethical integrity.
13. Performance of other duties commensurate with the position as required by the principal scientist.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
The Resident Engineer is responsible for the activities and efficiency of his staff for the satisfactory persecution of the work under his supervision. He has the responsibility to build and maintain an organization that can effectively provide the necessary staking, testing, and inspection to ensure the project is constructed according to the plans and specifications. The Resident Engineer should familiarize himself rapidly with the plans, specifications, and any Contract amendments to effectively administer the work. The executive side concerns the follow up of day-to-day working requests, laboratory tests, visiting the site to ensure the performance of site staff as well as feeding back all relevant information to the Project Manager.
• Ensure Contractor’s compliance with the Contract Documents
• Inspect all workmanship and materials.
• Coordinate the supply of vertical and horizontal controls for the Contractor
• Make layout checks on lines and grades
• Maintain all file records on designated forms. These records include all reports on work force, equipment, progress, safety, etc.
• Review and approve the Contractor’s shop drawings
• Locate execute, and interpret all soils and materials testing according to the provisions in the Contract Documents and Standard Specifications.
• The Resident Engineer is responsible for Contract enforcement and is not to relieve the Contractor of his responsibilities without client authorization.
• Check and certify progress payments to the Contractor.
• Check personnel, equipment, and material costs for all Variation Orders and change orders required under the terms of the Contract.
• Review requests for additional compensation and time extensions.
• Site safety monitoring wherein the monitoring activities, meetings, reviews, safety violations, rectification measures, and accident reports are included in the Monthly Progress Report.
• When necessary, determine proper costs of additions or credits due to the cleint and recommend appropriate action.
• Inspect safety conditions and inform the Contractor of construction safety violations and follow up action to be taken.
• Attend all meetings, and prepare written minutes for distribution
• Review update, monitor, and report on the Contractor’s work schedules, CPM-chart, and Cash flow Status.
• Monitor and report on progress of scheduled utility relocation work.
• Provide all photographs before, during, after construction necessary to provide adequate documentation of changes in site and adjacent structures.
• Review and approve the contractor’s plans for protection of existing buildings and structures.
• To keep in order all the site filling as per approved systems and practices.
• To issue Site Instructions to the Contractor.
• To collect from the site the data needed by the Project Manager for design works.
• check the quantities and payments to the Contractor
• To manage the supervision site staff.
• To coordinate and co-operate with Assistant Resident Engineer.
• To coordinate and co-operate with the project engineers assigned to different areas by the contractor.
• To coordinate and co-operate with the liaison engineer from the Client.
• To meet the site supervision staff periodically
• To prepare and present reports of a technical nature when called upon by the project Manager.
• To liaise with the laboratory technicians in the absence of the Materials Engineer
• To liaise with the Project Manager the leaves of site staff and to prepare the monthly attendance report of site staff.
|Job Location:||Jeddah , Saudi Arabia|
|Degree:||Bachelor's degree / higher diploma|
Strong software development practices
Strong background in machine learning
Strong experience building tools for processing large data sets
Knowledge of natural language processing techniques
Experience writing and debugging software
Excellent software development and programming skills using Java
Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns (and how and when they should be applied)
Strong understanding of service oriented architecture design patterns (and how and when they should be applied)
|Job Location:||Cairo, Egypt|
|Company Industry:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
|Degree:||Bachelor's degree / higher diploma|
Stay connected to the Middle East with AMEinfo.com on your mobile.
AMEinfo.com mobile gives you easy access to the familiar online content and services you know and trust -- right from your mobile device. Find an event, read the latest news, look up business information, explore industry news-- all on the go!
Now you can access:• Company News • Event News • Middle East Industry News • Research and Studies • And much more on www.ameinfo.com/mobile/
© 1996 - 2014 Mediaquest FZ LLC - A media and entertainment company
Middle East Main Office
© 2014 Dubai Business | AMEinfo. All Rights Reserved.