dubizzle: Dubai affordable housing searches rise exponentially
* 1.1m people drive to Dubai for work each day
* High rents in places close to the metro drive people to other emirates
* Dubizzle has listed some areas where cheap options are available close to the metro
For the working population of Dubai, the metro rail network presents one of the most comfortable means of getting to and from work. According to the Roads and Transport Authority, the number of metro riders reached a record 191.3m in 2016 – a seven per cent growth from 178.6m in 2015.
But finding a cheap place to stay close to a metro station seems to be a futile experience for many. Property listing portal dubizzle confirms that user searches for affordable communities near Dubai Metro stations has been growing exponentially in the past few years.
But despite the tremendous demand for apartments and villas close to the emirate’s metro rail network and its main artery Sheikh Zayed Road, high rents and prices have driven millions to either seek places in the interior of the city, or even move to an altogether different emirate.
In fact, 2015 figures from the Dubai Statistic Centre (DSC) show that, out of the 3.5 million active daytime population of Dubai, 1.1m are just people driving to the emirate for work – a majority of whom actually live in neighbouring emirates, including Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman or Ras Al Khaimah, as they cannot afford Dubai’s high rents.
But there is good news on the horizon: a new dubizzle report released today (March 19) reveals a number of locations in Dubai where affordable apartments are available. And what makes these places even more enticing is that these are close to the metro.
Top 10 areas with average rents of AED50,000-AED71,000
- Hor El Anz: One-bedroom apartments starting at an average of AED55,000 a year are available in this area, which has easy access to the Al Qiyada metro station.
- Al Qusais: Rentals average AED58,000 a year in this area, which is close to Stadium, Al Nahda, Al Qusais and Dubai Airport Free Zone metro stations on the Green Line of Dubai Metro.
- Abu Hail: The closest metro station is the eponymous Abu Hail; one-bedroom options are available from AED60,000.
- Al Jadaf: Al Jadaf and Creek metro stations on the Green Line are the easiest accessible stations.
- Naif: This area is close to Baniyas Square station.
- Deira City Centre: One-bedroom apartments located near the Red Line of Dubai Metro start at an average of AED65,000 yearly.
- Al Satwa is in close proximity to stations including World Trade Center, Emirates Towers and Financial Center.
- Discovery Gardens: Close to the Ibn Battuta station, this area is popular among Dubai’s residents.
- Al Barsha 1: Sharaf DG and Mall of the Emirates metro stations on the Red Line is within walking distance.
- Karama: ADCB metro station is the nearest metro station to this area, which is always in huge demand.
“In 2016, there were 49m rental property searches in Al Barsha and 22m searches in Karama, which highlights the demand for rental properties in close proximity to the popular public transport means in the emirate,” says Ann Boothello, Senior Product Marketing Manager, dubizzle Property.