Top Trending YouTube Videos in MENA in 2017; Top music is surprising
YouTube has released this year’s list of the most trending videos in the Middle East and North Africa.
Like last year, all of 2017’s most trending non-music videos are by the region’s YouTube creators.
Mohamed Moshaya, one of the first Arab creators dedicated entirely to family content, topped the list with a video of a compilation of his adventures with this three kids.
This year’s most trending music videos start with Khamsa Adwaa (Five Lights) a Saudi band made up of young girls.
The list also includes Moroccan pop sensation Saad Lamjarad, as well as the hit single Talat Daqat (Three Beats) by Egypt’s Abu featuring iconic film star Yousra.
The region’s watchtime, second only to the United States, grew by 60% last year, and by 90% on mobile, YouTube said in a statement.
“We are proud of how far the Arab creator community has come, having tripled in size in the last three years. These channels grew not just in number of subscribers, but also in quality and variety, as content uploaded grew by 80% when compared to last year,” the statement added.
YouTube’s top trending videos of 2017
In order of ranking:
– Top Comedy Sketch Compilations by Mmoshaya
– “The iPad Generation” Episode by Swar Shuaib
– Ramadan Comedy Sketch by Shady Srour
– Lie Detector Test Challenge with Danyah Shafei by D7oomy
– Wedding Night Comedy Sketch by Nour Stars
– Make Your Own Snow-Filled Pool Experience by The Saudi Reporters
– Germany Travel Adventure by Laila Mourad
– Fitness and Nutrition Tips by SuperMama
– Beauty Review Segment Featuring a 24 Carat Gold Mask by Esswara
– Automotive Adventure by Ali Alhamoudi
Top trending music videos of 2017
– Five Lights – HUSH
– Saad Lamjarred – LET GO
– Nasr Al Bahhar – Ma Rad Ilay
– Aymane Serhani – Nebghi Djini Bsurvet
– Cairokee & Tarek El Sheikh – Al Keif
– Asma Lmnawar – Andou Zine
– Abu & Yousra – Talat Daqat
– Dyler – Samooly
– Elissa – Aaks Elli Shayfenha
– Tamer Hosny Team – Allah Shahid