The all-new BMW X7 launches in March 2019
A new dimension in luxury: The first BMW X7 combines the presence, exclusivity and spaciousness of a luxury car with the versatile, agile driving properties of a Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV). Production will take place at BMW Plant Spartanburg (USA). Market launch will be March 2019.
• The largest BMW X model is 5,151 millimetres in length, 2,000 millimetres wide and 1,805 millimetres tall, and has a wheelbase of 3,105 millimetres. Its clear and precise design language spans a punchy, extremely prominent front end, large windows, high ground clearance, a long roofline and a two-section split tailgate. Exclusive detailing includes extensive chrome elements. LED headlights are standard, BMW Laserlight optional.
• Generous interior space across three rows of seats. Seven seats as standard. Middle row can be specified with two individual comfort seats as an option. Uncompromised space in the third row, complete with armrests, cupholders and USB ports. All seats are electrically adjustable. Vernasca leather trim as standard. Boot capacity can be expanded from 326 litres to a maximum 2,120 litres.
• 20-inch light-alloy wheels as standard, 21- and 22-inch light-alloy wheels optional.
• Design Pure Excellence, M Sport package and model-specific BMW. Individual features allow carefully judged individualization.
• Four-zone automatic climate control, ambient lighting and three-section panoramic glass roof as standard. Five-zone automatic climate control, Ambient Air package, Panorama glass roof Sky Lounge, controls with glass applications, Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System and Rear-seat entertainment Professional optional.
• Air springs at both axles and Adaptive suspension with electronically controlled dampers are standard. Integral Active Steering and Executive Drive Pro with active roll stabilisation optional. M Sport differential standard on the BMW X7 M50d (fuel consumption combined: 7.4 – 7.0 l/100 km [38.2 – 40.4 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 193 – 185 g/km) and optional for the BMW X7 xDrive50i (fuel consumption combined: 11.4 l/100 km [24.8 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 261 g/km) and BMW X7 xDrive40i (fuel consumption combined: 9.0 – 8.7 l/100 km [31.4 – 32.5 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 205 – 198 g/km). Optional Off-Road package enables selection of xSand, xGravel,
xRocks and xSnow driving modes at the touch of a button.
• Full range of state-of-the-art driver assistance systems (availability may vary between markets). Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, Driving Assistant Professional with Steering and lane control assistant, Lane Change Warning and Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assistant and side collision protection, evasion aid, Crossing traffic warning, Priority warning and Wrong-way warning. Latest generation of the BMW Head-Up Display. Emergency Stop Assistant (not available in Europe). Parking Assistant including rearview camera and Reversing Assistant as standard.
• BMW Live Cockpit Professional with BMW Operating System 7.0 as standard. Fully digital instrument cluster and Control Display each with 12.3-inch screen diagonal. BMW Operating System 7.0 enables intuitive und multimodal operation via touchscreen, iDrive Controller, steering wheel buttons, voice control and gesture control.
• BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant performs the role of the digital co-driver and vehicle expert, and activates in-car experiences. Operated by natural voice command. BMW Digital Key allows customers to use their smartphone for vehicle access and engine start-up. Remote Software Upgrade updates vehicle functions over the air.
Model variants at launch
BMW X7 xDrive40i:
Six-cylinder in-line petrol engine, eight-speed Steptronic transmission.
Capacity: 2,998 cc, output: 250 kW/340 hp at 5,500 – 6,500 rpm, max. torque: 450 Nm (332 lb-ft) at 1,500 – 5,200 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 6.1 seconds, top speed: 245 km/h (152 mph).
Fuel consumption combined: 9.0 – 8.7 l/100 km (31.4 – 32.5 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions combined: 205 – 198 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6dTEMP.
BMW X7 xDrive50i (not available in Europe):
V8 petrol engine, eight-speed Steptronic transmission.
Capacity: 4,395 cc, output: 340 kW/462 hp at 5,200 – 6,000 rpm, max. torque: 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) at 1,500 – 4,750 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.4 seconds, top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph).
Fuel consumption combined: 11.4 l/100 km (24.8 mpg imp), CO2 emissions combined: 261 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6d-TEMP.
BMW X7 xDrive30d:
Six-cylinder in-line diesel engine, eight-speed Steptronic transmission.
Capacity: 2,993 cc, output: 195 kW/265 hp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 620 Nm (457 lb-ft) at 2,000 – 2,500 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 7.0 seconds, top speed: 227 km/h (141 mph).
Fuel consumption combined: 6.8 – 6.5 l/100 km (41.5 – 43.5 mpg imp), CO2 emissions combined: 178 – 171 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6dTEMP.