CFA Institute to host sixth Middle East Investment Conference: “Investing in New Realities”
CFA Society Kuwait and CFA Institute, the global association of investment professionals, are to host the sixth Middle East Investment Conference on Tuesday 10th February for the first time in Kuwait.
Under the patronage of His Excellency Anas K. Al-Saleh, Minister of Finance, State of Kuwait, the Middle East Investment Conference will bring together international thought leaders, policymakers, industry experts, and key market participants from across the MENA region to consider the central theme of “Investing in New Realities.”
This conference will attract CFA charterholders and senior investment professionals from across the GCC region, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan, as well as some from the USA, Europe and Asia.
The event has attracted national sponsorships from the National Bank of Kuwait. It will bring together speakers and experts from around the world to evaluate and discuss the topics of greatest interest to investment professionals.
Topics covered by world-class speakers throughout the day include:
• Global economic outlook: Opportunities and challenges for MENA investors
• Geopolitics and the rise of new super powers in the MENA region
• A Changing Global Energy Landscape: Implications for MENA
• The untapped growth dividend of demographics
• Investment strategies for frontier markets
• The magic of behavioral economics
• Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs): Is MENA on the cusp of an VC boom?
Featured speakers include:
• His Excellency Anas K. Al-Saleh, Minister of finance, State of Kuwait
• Rafik Hafez, CFA, President of CFA Society Kuwait
• Nouriel Roubini, Co-founder and chairman of Roubini Global Economics
• Henny Sender, Chief correspondent, international finance, at the Financial Times
• Amlan Roy, Managing director and head of global demographics and pensions research at Credit Suisse Securities (Europe)
• Tevfik K?n?k, Executive vice chairman of the Capital Markets Board of Turkey (CMB)
• Paul Craven, Director of Salomon Partners
• Philippa Malmgren, President and founder of DRPM Group
• Jim Walker, Founder and chief economist of Asianomics Group Limited
• Paul Kenny, Founder and CEO of Safarna
Ahead of the conference, Mr. Nitin Mehta, Managing Director, CFA Institute Europe, Middle East, and Africa, commented: “Our annual investment conference in the Middle East, in partnership with our local societies, brings together our global experts to a Middle Eastern audience, creating a platform for senior investment professionals to come together, learn and discuss some of the many issues and opportunities they face. This inaugural conference reflects the ambition of CFA Institute to provide life-long-learning opportunities for CFA charterholders and fellow investment professionals in the region, thereby supporting our mission to raise professional and ethical standards in the industry.”
Commenting on the conference, Mr. Rafik Hafez, president of CFA Society Kuwait, said: “With significant public debate as to how the markets will evolve during 2015, the CFA Institute conference is very timely and we are honored to host such a prestigious conference in Kuwait for the first time. Held under the patronage of His Excellency Anas K. Al-Saleh, minister of finance, State of Kuwait, bringing the conference here will also highlight Kuwait’s investment opportunities. This is a terrific opportunity for anyone who is interested in the views of some of the world’s leading investment and political minds in the market, and we are very much looking forward to the discussions that will inevitably emerge from it.”
Ahead of the conference, CFA Institute will also publish the findings of its Middle East Market Sentiment Survey which gauges the thoughts and opinions of regionally-based investment professionals, highlighting a broad range of economic, investment and employment trends currently facing investment markets in the Middle East.